Importing Custom Cursor Icons

Started by whouston116, Wed 09/04/2014 23:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

whouston116

so im making a kings quest type game, and i cant figure out how to import my own icons. like walk, pick up, talk, and look icons. can anyone help?

KodiakBehr

Not familiar with this Kings Quest that you're referring to, but I should be able to help you with cursors.

Step 1:  Draw the cursors.  I don't know about you, but when I save the images, I remember to make a "ping" noise, so I know to save them as a .png file.
Step 2:  Import them as sprites.
Step 3:  Expand the Mouse Cursor directory of the Explore Project Menu.
Step 4:  Click on the cursor you want to change.
Step 5:  Change the image variable for that cursor to match the number of your sprite.

ADVANCED TRICKS!

You can also animate a cursor by importing a series of sprites and turning them into an animation, known as a "view".  The manual can tell you more about those.  You can change the view variable to match the number of the view you have created.

whouston116

see that's the thing, i know how to change the sprites, but when im in AGS editor trying to change them all i can find are the preset ones, i don't know how to find my custom made one. and i cant find the files where the presets are. and it might to have something to do with importing them as sprites, i didn't know you had to do that and don't know how.

Ghost

Open the "Sprites" pane. You will see a folder structure containing all the project sprites.
Right-click into the pane.
From the pop-up menu, select "Import sprite from file".

Note: By default, AGS uses the top-left pixel in an imported image as the "transparent" colour, which is why you should make sure that colour is not used anywhere else in the sprite.

whouston116

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk