Freezing single frames in Sierra style dialogue

Started by guilen, Fri 18/04/2014 04:46:25

Previous topic - Next topic

guilen

Hey, so I'm using the Sierra style dialogue (which I really enjoy) and I want to do the kind of thing that you can do in RPGMaker, and that is take a single frame from the character's speech view and have it lock on that frame until a single line of text has been uttered, then changing back to the full dialogue animation. To get around the fact that you can't lock the character's view to do this, as the character's speech view isn't located directly on the view of the character itself, I tried to just create another character with the single frame for a speech view that I could have say the line of dialogue instead. BUT I also have alternating text, which means that when one character speaks, his dialogue view appears on the left, and the next character that speaks' dialogue view is on the right. If a character has several subsequent lines of dialogue, their dialogue view does NOT jump across the screen, but if I try to sneak the extra frame in by creating a false character as I described above, it DOES, which is not what I want. I just want to make a frame appear of my character squinting his eyes suspiciously, that's all I ask! Thanks for any help :) I love this program.

Amuzo1

I think the way I would do this is by creating a new view with just the single frame.  Say that is view 6.  Then in your dialog just change the speech view in the code.   It might look something like this.
Code: ags

Ego: Blah Blah
Other: Blah Blah
    cEgo.SpeechView=6; //have ego squint eyes
    cEgo.SpeechView=2; //change speech view back to normal
Ego Blah Blah

And so forth.  Let me know if that helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk