Pearl Jam Apprecication

Started by Atelier, Wed 04/06/2014 03:10:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Which of you forumites love Pearl Jam?

Atelier

Retro Wolf

3 o clock in the morning?! Random thread?! You've been drink AGSing again!!

dactylopus

Eric

14 year old me thought they were the absolute best.

Stupot

Good band, but I was never that into them really. Somehow there was always just something else I'd rather have listened to.

Adeel

I love it when you create threads like these. :-D :-D

Babar

I liked Black and I Am Mine?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Gurok

I love Alive. That is my favourite jam blasted out when I walk past a construction site.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Atelier

Always nice to stumble across posts you have a vague recollection of writing.

Notwithstanding, Pearl Jam is the bomb. Has anybody ever seen them live? I hear they're great live, deffo on my to-see list.

Darth Mandarb

Gonna really show my age here... but in early 1991, when I was 15, I got a bootleg copy of Ten before it was available to the public (I don't know how my friend, who gave it me, got it but I didn't ask. I was a pirate way back then too!!).  I had no idea they'd become so popular, I just loved the music/lyrics/style.  It was a new type of music at the time.

I had it on **cough cough** cassette tape **cough**.  I listened to it so much that the tape actually broke.  My parents thought my Walkman (yes, walkman) headphones had become a part of my ears because I seriously listened to this album around the clock (even while sleeping).

It was the first time the music "spoke" to me and actually changed my life (at that influential age).

I didn't love most of their stuff after that album (didn't hate it) but I think I was so in love with Ten that any follow-up just felt like an imitation.  Don't know.

Haggis

Next month... Milton Keynes Bowl... can't wait. Seeing as Soundgarden are touring at the same time hoping for a Temple of the Dog reunion but expect it may be too much to ask.

Managed to see Soundgarden 2 years ago, decided it was best to see as many of my favourite bands as I could if the opportunity arose before they disband (in Soundgarden's case again).

Ponch

"Even Flow" is still in my morning workout music mix to this very day. :cool:

kaput

Ryan Timothy B

You can't appreciate Pearl Jam until you learn to have apprecication for them. :=

Fitz

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Wed 04/06/2014 17:20:29
Do the evolution, baby. 8-)

This! (nod) One of the best, craziest, most intelligent songs of the era, and quite possibly the best animated video ever.

Anian

Meh, they're okay, songs are a bit samey though. There's a greatest hits album to be made of their stuff, but other than that not much love from me. I was a bit too young when they were in their "prime" and I missed the whole grunge movement almost all together so they didn't really affect me much.

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 04/06/2014 21:24:19
This! (nod) One of the best, craziest, most intelligent songs of the era, and quite possibly the best animated video ever.
I loved the whole Heavy Metal vibe it had mixed with Warner animation style and Mignola atmosphere. I think McFarlane (Spawn creator) had something with it.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

miguel

I was a teen as well when Ten came out. Back then you were a Nirvana guy or a Pearl Jam dude and I had to chose the first for social reasons. But always followed Pearl Jam in secret.
Can't say they are on my top 20 favourite bands but I do like when they go Americana. It's their habitat if you ask me.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Grim

Pearl Jam changed my life. I started playing rock music because of them with a band called... Harvester;) We even made a cover of Nothing As It Seems!

bgordebak

I was a huge fan of them when I was a teenager. I loved Ten, Vs and Vitalogy. But after Vitalogy I lost interest in them, or simply started listening to music less. I listened to No Code and Yield too, but somehow couldn't find the same old taste.

I should give it another go some of these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk