Integrating Kinect or Webcam integration for Gesture Based Navigation.

Started by eyeiaye, Mon 23/06/2014 20:10:36

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeiaye

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to integrate Kinect or Webcam for Gesture Based Navigation in this software package? How may I go about doing this?

Is Unity a better option for this?

Thanks so much.

Joe

Is there any Unity plugin for AGS? If so go on. Otherwise, if you are capable enough I'd recommend you to develop an OpenCV plugin. OpenCV is the best opensource framework for handling webcams and "Gesture Based Navigation" and it's very well supported.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Khris

There's no native support for anything like that, no (not even gamepads...)
But it's possible to do all kinds of magic if you code a plugin: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/ags/plugins/engine/
The only downside is that the games will only run on Windows if they rely on a plugin.

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Khris on Mon 23/06/2014 23:50:38
The only downside is that the games will only run on Windows if they rely on a plugin.

This is not true. Plugins can be compiled for any environment you like and AGS can load them providing then are native to that environment.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 24/06/2014 04:53:19
Quote from: Khris on Mon 23/06/2014 23:50:38

This is not true. Plugins can be compiled for any environment you like and AGS can load them providing then are native to that environment.

I think I mentioned this before: there are still several issues with 64-bit builds, because plugin interface is not fully 64-bit compatible.
Depending on which parts of interface you use this may or may not be a problem for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk