MAGS September: "Cross-country" (VOTE)

Started by Atelier, Mon 01/09/2014 23:30:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

I had a problem with my initial upload where when I unpacked the zip file onto my computer the folder never appeared. After a fresh upload it now seems to be working fine.

If anyone else had this problem too please re-download from the same link. It should be sorted.

Also: the game doesn't run from the Desktop on my computer. I've found this happens with many AGS games. It works fine when the game folder is placed in MyDocuments or somewhere.

I don't know if these issues are particular to my own outdated computer/OS or not, but thought they were worth a mention.

Now for some well-deserved sleep I'd say!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release Mandle. :)
I'll try and work in the intro and ending on mine today, plus those annoying GUIs!
Otherwise, am debugging with the help of Stupot+ :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

HanaIndiana

Can't wait to start playing all of these! Unfortunately my game was too big for me to finish on time. :cry: So I'm out this month.
I'm just going to keep working on it, and finish it when I finish it.

Ponch

I'm out too. My game was way too ambitious for me. :tongue:

Cassiebsg

Still in, but struggling with getting the save/load/quit GUIs to work/look good. :(
Unfortunately a few jokes/info will end up not getting into the game, as time is running out.

But added about/credits page (hope I have not forgotten anyone), help page (not that any experienced adventure gamer will need that little bit of info), intro is scripted, but still need to get the BG done (and adjust hot spots/walk-behinds accordingly). And then there's some NPCs that are missing, even though they are non-essential, except for atmosphere/enrichment of the story.

miguel

Still in but not sure if I can do it on time!
I just got home from work and I'm doing some more work on it and see how it goes.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Cassiebsg

Start & Ending are now done!
I just test played it from start to end, without much detours and not reading dialogs, and took me about 20minutes from start to end. :)

What's missing? Cleaning up a spite or two and correct a few bugs I noticed.

GUIs still not working like I want them, so haven't really bothered with their graphics yet. :(
Need to find one music track more to one location.

And then there are a few NPCs and story jokes, that won't make it to the deadline. (Maybe in a version 2, if I ever do one).

Otherwise, not too bad I think. :)
Oh, and of course, I still need to figure out who to add the game to the AGS games DB.

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 30/09/2014 10:23:53
Oh, and of course, I still need to figure out who to add the game to the AGS games DB.

I sent you instructions in a PM....Couldn't risk missing out on your game!!!

Stupot

I've played a test build of Cassie's game and it's looking very promising.
Will play Mandle's later this evening :-)

AprilSkies

Noooooo :(
Ponch and Hana! :~(
I was really hoping to play your games!

Miguel! Please! Do it!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

miguel

I've got one last background and got to work in a few hours, so it's going to be difficult to finish in time for the competition.

Mandle

It seems the SETUP in the last uploaded version didn't work because I was an idiot...New version with working SETUP icon is now uploaded and available at same link...

Sorry!

Also fixed a few graphics things that were really annoying me, and got the whole thing uploaded just at midnight September 30th (my time zone)...

I won't be updating the upload again until after MAGS voting is finished as that would be cheating in my book...

Cassiebsg

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 30/09/2014 23:36:39
I know I'm a bit late, but it's done (sorta):

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51067.0

Hope you all enjoy it! I had a lot of fun doing it!

WOOT!!!!!! THANK GOD AND WELL DONE MATE!!!! Now I have something to do tonight! The thing I missed most during MAGS was playing a game that I didn't already know how to beat and how it ended!

DOWNLOADING!!!

Adeel

Congratulations for releasing your games, dear participants!

Now, if Atelier would be so kind, will he please go ahead and start October's MAGS? 1st of October is now coming to an end, here in Pakistan (only 13 minutes to go), and only few hours are left for the day to pass in Great Britain (where our dear host lives) too. It's already hard enough to come up with a good game in 30 days, how can you expect us to come up with a game in just 29 days? ;)

Atelier

No worries Adeel, here it is: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51070.0 :-D

I'll open voting tomorrow as I am a bit busy tonight - thank you for the entries everybody!

Cassiebsg

Atelier, I have a version 1.1 of my game ready, that fixes a bug (that makes it impossible to finish) and adds a little to the ending cut scene.
Should I just replace the link to the new improved version, or wait until the votes are in?

Atelier

Of course, fixing game-breaking bugs is even acceptable during voting - but obviously nothing else! :) I will still treat the deadline as today though, so nobody should be adding content to their entries.

miguel

Congratulations to all participants who made the deadline! It's an achievement to produce a game in a month and it take dedication and hard work. Well done!

Retro Wolf

Congratulations everybody! A very inspiring selection of games this month!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk