AdventureX 2014 - 6th+7th December - London

Started by , Tue 16/09/2014 14:48:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Gutted I'll be missing it again this year. I'll be watching remotely from Japan-land.  I'd like to try to put together a little video presentation or something about Escape games and/or visual novels, which are both pretty popular in Japan, much more so than straight adventures. I'm not much of an expert on either, but that's what research is for.

theo

Really hoping to attend this year. :D

I'll try to drag my colleagues Henrik and Mathias with me too. They need to be cultured in the awesome ways of true adventure game nerdery. 8-)

m0ds

Great stuff theo, hope to see you and your guys there!

PS. The website is nearly ready. Just had to think about sponsorship and the application form bit before putting it up, but nearly there!

Dave Gilbert

Plane and hotel booked! Getting there on Thursday morning so if anybody is around Thursday or Friday, do let me know. I'm staying at the Bridge Hotel close-ish to the event.

yamipanda

Sound fun, but I'm too poor to go anywhere. :( I hope you can get a live stream so I can attend from home. :)

m0ds

The website is up. Please use the "apply" form if you want to be an exhibitor, talk, demonstrator etc :) (thanks Grundy who already has!)

http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk/

Ali

I'm really looking forward to the "TBA" talk led by TBA with TBA. Sounds like it'll be a classic!

Great work Mark!

CaptainD

I may be showing A Playwright's Tale as well - formerly known as The Journey of Iesir - won't be able to confirm that until nearer the time.  (Yes Mark, I know I need to use the official forms and all that, before you remind me. :cool:)

FNGames

Think I've filled the form in okay. Got an error message the first time but seemed to work the second.

Little thing, the Absent II links to a Kickstarter for "The Slaughter" from last year. :p Could it be linked to here instead? Thanks!  I'll get another image mocked up for you for the site as well.

Thanks!

m0ds

Well spotted, fixed it. Thanks for using the form :) I will reply to emails as soon as possible :) (Theo - thanks, will reply asap)

Glad you like it Ali, you better start researching the subject - that's the one you're leading! ;)

And Dave, d'Aww Iesir changed its name? whhy?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mods on Tue 07/10/2014 17:54:16
And Dave, d'Aww Iesir changed its name? whhy?

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say ... until AX itself, maybe! :-D  (Should be a new website etc for the game going live soon btw.)

Azure

It is creeping up on us. Reminder to everyone to start checking their travel and accommodation plans!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Grim

Got my tickets to London already. And managed to only pay £16 for a return trip! ---> if anyone's coming from within UK check out Megabus. Their prices are insanely great!;)

CaptainD

I've booked a hotel but thought the news of me coming from Brum wouldn't excite people as much as DG coming from NY! (laugh)

Miez

Got me a ticket and found a hotel ... looking forward to this! :D

Technocrat

I look forward to showing off Technobabylon! :-D

m0ds

Last chance to let me know if you need a bed for Fri, Sat, Sun night or some/all of those. Likely 2 hostel beds available (standard mixed room tho with shared WC facilities). Cost: 75 gbp (no matter how many nights you stay). AGS/people I know only though sorry.

Also: Space is reserved for us at The Albert Arms, a nice pub/restaraunt 2 min walk from the venue both Friday and Saturday evening from 7pm. Similar size to the place we were in last year on Sat night, can't remember the name - The Berian or something. The Albert Arms serve food (so you can get a meal) and we're likely going to have a buffet there on Saturday evening. If anyone thinks they will specifically want to eat directly after the event on Saturday night, let me know, and I'll try and pass the menu on to you, because ordering earlier means it will be ready to eat earlier :)

ps. Nice one Misja! Glad you can make it :) And thank you for the donation (and you too James!)

Systems check, 6 Nov :P (ArcaderX)

One thing I want to note: The live stream is going to be a bit iffy this year. This venue is not live stream friendly, moreso - moving the camera around is going to be difficult and awkward. Leaving it in one place would be best, but then it's a matter of deciding where to leave it, special guests, talks or demo room. Anyway still looking into it trying to find a way to be able to scoot it about like last year.

PS. The website got updated (as did the first page of this thread, which is even more up to date) but will get another minor update to the website over the weekend, I realize there are a few silly spelling errors in the last update like "Clock And Dagger" games. Sorry Shaun!

AprilSkies

ArcaderX rocks tho!

I hope I can come this year. Still not sure. Let's see.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

MurrayL

I might try to make an appearance - I've got some ideas swimming around in my head, and it'd be good to talk to some people!

I'll aim for the Saturday, too - I missed out on the awesome after-party at AdventureX 2012.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk