Music help required (*SEMI-SOLVED*)

Started by rickious, Sun 02/11/2014 10:32:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rickious

I have read through various threads on how to add music, crossfading, fading in/out etc, but am not having any luck, alot of the posts use old/obsolete commands, others seem overcomplicated when crossfading sis supposed to be automatic.  I thought its best to post my requirements here and see what methods people suggest while I keep trying.

I have 2 main music tracks, 1 is a fading in intro. The 2nd is an infinitely looping version.
Basically, I want seamless music, but to fade in initially so I need to either...

1 - bring in 'aIntro' for a one-shot then seamlessly jump to 'alooping' which will play on repeat.  - So far if i set up 1 channel music, have 'aIntro.Play' and 'aLooping.playQueued, it doesnt crossfade, i hear a pop in between where it stops one and plays the next.  If I set up 2 audio channels, both tunes play at once.

Once the looping one plays its working seamless, so I know the audio file itself is ok. Also if I combine the looping and intro in my sound editor its perfectly seamless again.

2 - the standard music will be playing permanently, I want to be able to stop it, play an alternate version of 'aIntro' which will be something like 'aShock' (when he walks into a room where the situation requires brief shock and horror type music), then it will seamlessly change back to the regular 'aLooping' - Once the first issue is sorted, this one will use the exact same method.

im using ogg if that has any effect?

**EDIT**

Used a temporary fix (still getting slight crackle where the tracks join so if you know a better/proper way to do this please let me know.)

• I used 2 music channels
  • added a silent track the exact length of 'aIntro'
  • In my audio editor I added the first second of 'aLooping' and faded that extra second out.
  • Quotefunction room_AfterFadeIn()
    {
      aIntroFadeOut.PlayQueued();
      aSilence.PlayQueued();
      aAmbience_loop.PlayQueued();
    }
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Body Pharm - coming soon!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk