rickious

Rickious Productions presents...

'Body Pharm'

Resolution:
1024 x 768

Style:
Realistic rendered backgrounds.

Genre:
Mystery, adventure with horror/thriller elements.

synopsis:
You awaken in a clean modern cell. No memory of who you are or why you are there.  Outside in the corridor is a corpse, inside the cell, a sink and toilet but no water.  How have you survived? why have you no memory of the past or present? what is your name?

The mystery will unravel in this modern adventure, revealing intrigue, corruption, medical experimentation and twists.

The demo will effectively be a playable intro for the complete game and will be skippable once the full game is released if I dont tweak this part too much between releasing the demo and the full game.

Progress/Status report (For the demo):
Music 100%
Sound 95%
Backgrounds 100%
Character art 100%
Storyline 100%
Dialogue 90%
Scripting 80%

• The Beta demo will be used for limited play/bug testing.
  • After bug testing. fixing and some extra polish, the release demo will be distributed as part of a kickstarter campaign.
  • Kickstarter will be used to generate funds for voice acting, translation etc.
  • The demo will all take place within part of the facility you wake up in and will be around 10-15% of the completed game.  The full game will expand to the town in which the facility is located. external areas, and go deeper into the facility as its secrets unravel.

To-Do (for demo release)

• GUI redesign/polish.
  • Create new cursors.
  • Further post-process editing of the backgrounds.
  • Add more clutter/detail to rooms.
  • Complete a minimum of 12 rooms.
  • Finish storyline and dialogue.
  • Polish and proof read the dialogue.
  • Bug test.
  • Have 3+ other people bug test.

The Team:
Name: Richard Howard (AKA Rickious)
Skills: Artist/Designer/Illustrator.
Currently I am working on the 3d modelling, renders, post process editing, texture artwork, storyline, scripting etc.

Name: Robert Howard
Skills: Audio composition, design and production
Professional, studio recorded SFX and Music, as well as creative input and feedback on storyline, playtesting etc.

Name: Benjamin Perry
Skills: Additional 3D modelling/rendering.
Ben is a Product designer, illustrator and fellow gamer.  He will be providing extra 3D models for the game including the 2nd playable character (images coming soon).
Mr Perry's Portfolio

Upcoming Team Members (after funding)

• Assistant programmer (paid)
  • Editor/proofreader (paid)
  • Voice-over artist (paid)
  • Additional 3D Modeller/renderer (paid)
  • Closed Beta Playtesters/storyline development members (some of these places will be offered as part of crowdfunded packages)

Videos...(will be updated as progress is made)
Alpha playthrough

[embed=420,315]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jC2sUE2mBBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Early WIP Main Menu test - Awaiting more tweaking, music and SFX.
[embed=420,315]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D1dwFPtqk7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Screenshots...

--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Body Pharm - coming soon!

Stupot

Looks nice man.  Keep up the good work :-)

Frodo

Looks lovely.  Can't wait to try the demo.  :smiley:

Adeel

This looks very good. You've done a great job on the backgrounds. I must say, they look very close to reality. I've only one complain.
Spoiler
The character has sharp outlines which make him look like he's shoved in the otherwise smooth world.
[close]

rickious

Adeel S. Ahmed, yes I totally agree.  What can we do in terms of anti-alias in AGS? or a variable transparency for the edges maybe?  This is something I want to address before the release version of the demo.

Glad you like it so far.  I will post again once significant progress is made.  Might post in the Critics' Lounge in the mean time.
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Adeel

Quote from: rickious on Sun 29/09/2013 17:17:34
Adeel S. Ahmed, yes I totally agree.  What can we do in terms of anti-alias in AGS? or a variable transparency for the edges maybe?  This is something I want to address before the release version of the demo. [...]

Why don't you edit your character in Photoshop and blur out all the edges? That should do the trick.

rickious

I have moved the anti aliasing issue to the critics lounge >>HERE<<
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Sorted out the antialiasing issue using a nice macro in Photoshop (140 frames in about 5 minutes).  So here is an updated screenshot with a comparison.  Ill also replace the jaggy sprite screenshots in main post soon.

--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Working on basic animated cursors....

--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

shaun9991

looks great! good job sorting out the antialising. looking forward to the demo
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

rickious

Wont be progressing very fast now, on hold pretty much as I have just got a massive freelance illustration job in, so will have to prioritize that and juggle it with my day job.  But will come back to this ASAP.
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Have reinstalled AGS and will get back to Body Pharm ASAP.  Have posted in support forum as im getting script errors (presumably something thats been updated?), once i can fix that ill carry on with development as Im looking forward to playing it and seeing where the storyline takes me.
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Low Quality video playthrough now on youtube...
I will be doing a HD upload in the near future.

Linky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or74Ef9a9Oc

[embed=420,315]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/or74Ef9a9Oc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Thanks to 'Tabata' for info on how to embed a video :)
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Cassiebsg

Looking awesome. :) Love the animated cursor icons, even though they feel to be a bit small?

Is there a reason why he seems to be walking in slow-motion?

Am looking forward to play this one and the demo!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

rickious

Cassiebsg, im looking forward to playing it myself tbh :)  And yea the walk needs tweaking for animation speed and walk speed as hes also walking on the spot a bit too :)

Also thanks for the comment on the cursors, thats something I really need to remake at some point to be more in-line with the other graphics.

Im teaming up with my brother on this one too now, he will be making all the music and sfx as a university project.  So the next big update should include some music and possibly a few sfx.
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

Surdy

Looks pretty good!

Keep up the good work:wink:

rickious

updated original post to include a decent video playthrough and a brief video of the WIP main menu

*EDIT
Version 2 of the WIP main menu added. much more atmospheric,
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Added *MATURE IMAGES* to the title so I can post some of the more gory content that will be coming up.

Such as this quaint little locker room...

Current status...
modelling, rendering and post-processing new rooms
Writing storyline
editing and scripting rooms
working with my audio guy and testing audio
--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

rickious

Added Rickious Productions logo, and created 'Rickious Prod' twitter for updates.

Talking to a fellow 3D modeller with a view to acquiring one of his great robot designs for the game.

Visiting my music producer tomorrow for a progress update.

--COMING SOON--
'Body Pharm' beta demo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk