Quality Sprite Resources?

Started by .rhavin, Sat 27/12/2014 17:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

.rhavin

Well, i think creating a game with AGS or similar engines needs lots of artwork. While i'd like to create the ›main cast‹ myself, there will be a lot of NPCs in the game. And as i wont mind my main cast becoming NPCs in other games, i wonder if such exchange-communities already exist.

What im looking for is a site were you can find free high quality sprite resources with 4+ frame loops. To show you, what i'm looking for, i post a frame of a german policeman i've already done:

This is the size of the sprites i'd need for my project. Does anyboy know of such a site/community?

.rhavin

OK, to make myself a little bit clearer… one of my main characters is going to look like… well, like me, because this is going to be a game featuring my band in quite a complete absurd but funny story:

while i'll do the band and some important VIPS myself, i'd need lots of NPCs in roughly 100àâ€"300px. What i found are tons of sites that all claim to be the best site on earth and happen to be a panopticum of garbage. Is there any quality sprite side out there? preferably one that can be searched by size, character and style?

Calin Leafshade

The short answer is no.

The long answer is try opengameart.org but it's not very good.

If you want stock images then be willing to pay for them.

Monsieur OUXX

What you can *try* in the AGS world is spot some characters that might suit you in existing games, then PM the author of the said game and ask them if they're cool with you re-using their art (and sending you the source sprite loops). Most people will probably say yes if you credit them (and don't mess up their work), the only issue is the response time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk