Awards 2014 - For Your Consideration

Started by , Wed 31/12/2014 23:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Have you made a game in 2014 and want it to compete in the AGS Awards 2014? This is the topic where to showcase it!
Post a download link, a brief description and some pictures (thumbnails preferred, here is an excellent FYC post from last year).

Do not be shy, by posting your game you are helping the players who will take some of their time to play/nominate/vote!

Usual remarks:

• if you think a game deserves mention but the author isn't around, post a FYC for them! The more worthy games we get here, the better is for everyone!
  • this thread is for FYC posts only, if you want to discuss the awards go here!

Tenacious Stu

Please consider Entrapment for the AGS Awards, maybe for Best Short Game... or Best Freeware? I don't know. The music is pretty good I guess? Best Music & Sound?

Presents

"My name is Sam Drake... and for the past few months, someone has been trying to frame me for murder."

Sam Drake keeps waking up in Hotel rooms with the bodies of dead girls in the room and the police never far away. He thinks that someone is secretly drugging him and then trying to get him framed for murder. He has had some lucky escapes, but this time, the killer has made it harder for him to get away.

Play as Sam Drake as he wakes up in the seedy Dent Hotel and help him discover the identity of his stalker/serial killer and escape from certain doom. The clock... is ticking.

Entrapment was originally available for the AGS Bake Sale, which helped to raise over $4000 for charity. Now it is available for you to play for FREE!

Screenshots:

The main character, Sam Drake, checks his mail (Exciting)

Sam Drake contemplating a grubby toilet

Game Features

• Dramatic, Crime/Thriller story written by Stuart Lilford
  • Humor (including sarcasm)
  • Multiple Endings
  • Retro Art Style
  • Original Music by Brian Carnrike
  • Around 45 Minutes of gripping adventure gameplay

Entrapment was brought to you by:
Stuart Lilford (Tenacious Stu) - Design, Writing, Artwork, Animation, Direction
Brian Carnrike (Swordofkings128) - Music

"Disturbing modern day thrillers are truly rare and even more so when they are as blood-soaked as Entrapment, the latest short yet well-made release by Scared Square Games"

"Entrapment is a step in an interesting direction [and] should be commended for even attempting a high drama, psychological horror story in a tiny point and click game."

For more information on Entrapment or other Scared Square Games titles, please visit:
www.scaredsquare.com
All Entrapment related blog posts

Scared Square Games

Andail

Please consider my game The Samaritan Paradox for the 2014 awards! It has graphics, music and (difficult) puzzles! Oh and a plot!

Some screenies:

Please visit this site to listen to Lannie Neely's original soundtrack:
http://merlandese.bandcamp.com/album/the-samaritan-paradox-2

Please visit the official website to purchase and try this game:
http://samaritanparadox.co.uk

elentgirl

For your consideration:

Please consider this for the Best Non-Adventure Game Created with AGS category.

HAUNTED CASTLE is a turn-based game for up to six players, based on a board game I originally created in the 1970s.  A complete game can be played in under an hour, and because most of the hazards are placed randomly on the 'board', it can be re-played as often as you wish.  My children really enjoyed playing it, and it is an ideal game for a family to share.  Playing computer games doesn't have to be a solitary experience!

Players have to guide their chosen characters through the Haunted Castle in a race to find a key to either the Gold or Silver Room, where they collect a treasure.  They have then to escape from the castle with their treasures, and the first one out is the winner.  The six characters have different attributes to help win: the Knight wears protective armour, the Wizard can teleport, the Gypsy can foresee danger, the Dwarf can walk through walls, the Elf can run faster than the others, and the Fairy can fly.

The game can be downloaded from the AGS database: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1820/

Here are a few screenshots:

AprilSkies

ALREADY, bicilotti???
;-D

Please, consider my game RED HOT OVERDRIVE for Best non Adventure Game Award (and maybe... Best Programming :-\ )

DOWNLOAD LINK: Click here

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And also, please consider my Demo: TALES - Tech Demo for the Best Demo Award.

You can download the TECH-DEMO of the game HERE!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Ibispi

If you haven't played All pigs deserve to burn in hell, play it. |Download|

Please, consider All pigs deserve to burn in hell for, maybe, the Best Short Game award,
or if you liked the Pig, for some reason, there is the Best Character award. :X

Lasca

Please consider my first game What the f**k happened!? for the ags awards 2014! I'm too humble too suggest what categorys, but whichever one you find most appropriate. The game does have an amazing soundtrack by Problem, so make sure to listen carefully!

Peter wakes up in an unknown IKEA bed. Where the **** is he? Where's his ******* clothes?
And why does his mouth taste like ******* pavement mixed with tuesdays carbonara?
Find out, and get out, in 'What the **** happened!?'

A game about the absolute anxiety of waking up somewhere unknown without your pants on. We've all been there. Now relive it by playing
What the F**k Happened!?

Featuring:
640 x 400 resolution!
6 rooms, in colour!
Absolutly GREAT soundtrack by Problem!
Almost male nudity!
Unnecessarily foul language! And lots of it!
Combining of two or more items for completing puzzles!
Story with elements and dramaturgy previously seen in several films of varied quality!

AND coming up in 2015 (but not until after the awards) - voice acting (much needed because hard-to-read font).

Amuzo1

Please consider our game, Cale Quest, in your voting. 

It is a grand adventure about sandwhichsmithship and the human condition.  The tale of a young man in a dangerous world where only the tough get a tasty treat.  To make his sandwich, Cale must solve puzzles and roll dice with a hobo.  If you haven't played it yet, please take a few moments to download it and give it a whirl. 

Watch our preview here.

And download here.

You can also find us in the AGS Game Database.

Thank you for your consideration.  We're very pleased that so many of you have enjoyed Cale Quest, and we've been happy to have experienced many of your games as well.

Dropped Monocle Games

Maybe you enjoyed our little game and maybe you would like to consider it for the awards? :)

Life was pretty peaceful for Atl the Aztec goat herder.
That is until the legendary El Chupacabra showed up to decimate his four legged friends. Against such a mighty foe,
how can Atl save the day? Maybe with a little divine intervention?
Join our cowardly goat herd on his journey and find out in Goat Herd and the Gods!

Goat Herd and the Gods is a short point and click adventures game, and is the second title from Dropped Monocle's team (Soxbrooker & Myinah)

>>DOWNLOAD NOW<<

The Goat Herd and the Gods Original Soundtrack composed by Denis "Problem" Comtesse is available to download now.

Update: Non installer version download

shaun9991

Please consider our free full length game, Mudlarks, for the AGS Awards 2014 :)

A mysterious point and click adventure... a tale of friendship, the supernatural & unravelled secrets.

Your name is Winston. You are very much a regular, normal chap - living in London with your girlfriend and holding down a 9 to 5 office job. Among your various hobbies, you are a mudlarker. That is, the practice of combing the shore of the River Thames for historically interesting objects that may have gone underwater hundreds of years ago. One day, you and your co-mudlarker Vincent stumble upon what appears to be a valuable golden locket - and your destiny is changed forever. Two days after the find, Vincent disappears on the shore, leaving only the locket behind...

What follows is an atmospheric dialog and puzzle driven adventure game, bringing together elements of science fiction with a strong supernatural theme as you undertake your quest to find your friend and unravel many secrets along the way. Winston finds himself as an ordinary man in a very extraordinary situation...

Features:

- Over 40 locations to explore
- A mysterious and complex plot set in modern day London
- A cast of over 40 intriguing characters
- A full length adventure game experience - hours of gameplay
- Thousands of lines of dialog
- Moments of spookiness
- Over 60 inventory items
- Virtual mudlarking - yes, that is a thing now!

Praise for Mudlarks:

"The story and puzzles are on par with even good commercial games... easily one of the best freeware adventures released in recent memory"
- Adventure Gamers

"If you love your classic adventures you'll be really happy with this one"
- Rock Paper Shotgun

"A Herge-esque mystery"
- PC Gamer

and also...

Please consider our recent short length mystery/thriller 'A Date in the Park'

Story:
You are Lou. You've recently moved to Lisbon, in Portugal, to take up a new job and start a new life. Within days of arriving, you meet an enchanting woman, Catarina, at a bar on a night out. After a few hours of connecting, you agree to meet her the next day in her favourite park.

You arrive at the stunning park on a beautiful sunny day, with high hopes. Lou soon realises the atmosphere is a little off... it's not going to be an average date.

Features:
- A cast of several characters
- Language confusion - Lou does not speak Portuguese.
- 20+ screens to explore
- A short, narrative experience, with puzzles as well. I think it will take between 30 minutes and an hour to complete. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, depending on the player
- Twists and turns - shocking moments! (there's a horror element to the game)
- 90s style digitised graphics and animated sprites (sprites are animated more traditionally than in Mudlarks)
- 640 x 400 resolution
- Real world location to explore- Tapada das Necessidades in Lisbon, Portugal
- 2 click interface, with inventory etc

Thanks everyone!
Shaun
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Radiant

For your consideration as Best Non-Adventure Game:

Created for the second AGS Bake Sale, Beer! is a collection of frantic minigames where you have to grab the beer in each level under a very short time limit. Easy to pick up and difficult to master, this game rewards quick and out-of-the-box thinking. It comes with a cheerful cafe-style soundtrack, and assorted cast of bears and deer. It is part of the second Bake Sale bundle, the proceeds of which go to maintenance of our adventure game creation community. Suitable for all ages, surprisingly.

You know you like Beer! Everybody likes Beer! Cast your vote for Beer!

Mandle

I'm putting this up for consideration for the Non-Adventure Game category:

T.O.T.S: Trick-Or-Treat Simulator

This game was created for the October 2014 MAGS Contest. The theme of the contest was "Halloween".

My little effort is an attempt at a 2-player simulation of a child Trick-Or-Treating on Halloween. By 2-player I mean that two people participate in the game over the internet. However, the game is turn-based, not real-time, and no direct net connection to each other, or file-swapping is needed.

The data is transferred via a file in the game folder called "Halloween.txt". Just open the file, select-all, copy, and send the text to another player via PM etc, or simply post it on the forums as an open invitation to play, as I will do below. The second player then copies this text and pastes it into their own Halloween.txt file in their own game folder, starts the game, and selects the "Continue" option.

Players can decorate their houses for Halloween, mix-and-match pieces of Halloween costumes to dress up in, talk with each other in-game, slam doors in faces, give treats, play tricks etc!!!

Here are some screenies:

The above shot shows Player 2 selecting their costume.

Here's a shot of Player 2 announcing their presence.

Player 1 has opened the door here and is saying something to Player 2.

FEATURES:

* Spooky Halloween atmosphere. (I hope)
* Nice creepy music by JasonB!
* Customizable Halloween house decorating!!
* Customizable Halloween costume making!!
* Tricks!!!
* Treats!!!
* Two-player play without using a net-link or file-swapping!

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Currently legal characters usable in player names and messages are:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz !+$%&'()=;:,.?0123456789-

IMPORTANT: The + and ? characters were NOT available in the original download when the game was released so please re-download the newer version at the same link.

If you use characters that are not on this list the game data in the Halloween.txt file will become corrupted. The game is still playable but house decorations, costumes, and player names will all go out-of-whack. I will code a fix for this oversight but it's quite a big job so will have to wait. As long as you stick to these basic characters and punctuation for now the game should be fine.

* Previous issues with long player messages containing typos have been fixed in the latest version.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

AprilSkies

Ok.. this is prolly against me (LOL!) but THIS must be considerated for BEST NON ADVENTURE GAME:

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. -  Alien Cow Rampage: Orion Needs Your Milk!
A single player board game BY GHOST

Download ACRONYM Version 1.0.1!

Orion is home to a peaceful race of blue-skinned aliens who have made it their mission to provide the most delicious, refreshing, enjoyable drink to all of the universe: Milk, from Earthling cows. The Orionese are respected as the biggest providers of this creamy-white essence of all that is tasty in the universe.
As great as this sounds, your job as an Invader is much less glorious. But there's nothing else you'd ever want to do than visiting Earth, meet the benevolent cows on their own turf, and ensure that there is always milk.

Your last mission has just gone bad. After a crash you find yourself stranded- the mothership's far away and you have hardly any gear. But you're an Invader. You can still make this work.

Roll dice! Flip through cards! Find the cameo! Play an actual board game, only on your computer!
No choking hazards despite small parts, and no cleaning up the table afterwards!

No, really, we totally come in peace! Want a milkshake?

Be an Invader! Pick your class, roll your stats, and crash-land into adventure!

Abduct cows! Their milk is udderly delicious!

Fight, Stun or simply charm trigger-happy teenagers, gun-crazy ranchers, and the Men In Black!

Ibispi

For your consideration:

Sisyphus Reborn by Emont; for Best Short game, and Best Music and Sound award; Download from here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomes: Layne's Discovery by Domithan; for best Gameplay or best Puzzles award; AGS database page

AprilSkies

Other 2014 games I liked a lot:

Also please consider:

Anastrønaut II: The Dark Side

Game page

and also:

The 4th Wall
by HanaIndyana  for the best short games award

Floaty Rog'
by Khris  for the best non adventure game

AnasAbdin

Why thanks for the mention AprilSkies! 8-0 8-0 8-0
I believe it already got awarded when you guys tried it out 8-)

Volcan

Please consider Rex and Sissi in Pink Cult for Best Short Game

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1765/

[imgzoom]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/1765_1.png[/imgzoom]

Help Rex and Sissi to find a way home.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Please consider Crankosaurus Prime and the Blue Crystal Pursuit V1.7 for Best Character,
(or I don't know if I can keep the 30ft tall dinosaur living in my basement from turning on me!  8-0 )

[imgzoom]https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e327/qvcr8l1ml84bir86g.jpg[/imgzoom]

Awoken from his slumber by 3 meddling villains, Crankosaurus Prime must go on an inter-continental journey to retrieve three Blue Crystals stolen from his icy tomb. Crankosaurus will battle through using Brains and Brawn, his super-powers increasing as each Blue Crystal is retrieved! What fiendish plot are the Mad Scientist and his hench-men purposing for the Power of the Crystals...

*link to download page*

[imgzoom]https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/57f5/88jn421cq6r7j9i6g.jpg[/imgzoom]

selmiak

For your consideration:

Don't Drink the Pink

A short game made for the January 2014 MAGS competition "Something Cold, Something Burrowed, Something Pink".

Team behind the game:
Everything except music: Hobo
Music and Testing: Cino
Testing: Atavismus, Peder Johnsen

Also thanks to Ghost for the "Lightweight BASS Template v2.0" and abstauber for the "CustomDialogGui" module.

So, if you're up for a little adventure and imagine yourself enjoying a simple story about a man, few pints of pink and occasional elephants,
just click on the AGS database link or download it directly from HERE

A review by Adam Paris of IndieStatik: Hallucinating Elephants In Don't Drink The Pink.

Lasca

I had forgotten this was released last year!
I honestly hasn't completed it yet, but the graphics are beautiful.
So please consider this game for the graphics categorys

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk