Retain health bar level

Started by Slasher, Mon 05/01/2015 08:36:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi,

iv'e implemented a health bar that reflects the players health whenever fighting an opponent. I use this same health bar when fighting each opponent.
However, I need for the health bar to retain it's level for each opponent.

EG Fighting Daddy D and losing some health if I go to the next opponent my health is returned to full. Now, if I go back to Daddy D I need to have my health bar restored to where it was before I left Daddy D previously and for each opponent.

Although I may stick to what I have....

Solutions appreciated though.

cheers

Cassiebsg

I don't know much about health bars, but how did you code it?
You probably want a global int variable that you can add/subtract point from, and then display it's value as the player's health.

I also seem to remember to ave read about health bars here in the forum in the last six months, so I would suggest a search for it. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

geork

Do you mean a separate health bar level for each opponent? In that case, have an array in a custom/global script and export it for global access (if you need it) - each array entry starts with the player's max health, but you can call it to set a health bar value.
So:
In GlobalScript (or another custome script).asc
Code: ags

#define MaxHP 100 //The player's initial HP for each fight
int HP[30]; //if you have say 30 opponents

function game_start(){ //Assign each array value to the max HP
  int i;
  while(i<30){
    HP[i] = MaxHP;
    i++
  }
}

//At the end of the script:
export HP;

In GlobalScript (or your own script).ash:
import int HP[30];

Then whenever you want to assign your health bar value at the (re)start of a fight:
HealthBarValue = HP[X]; //Where X is whatever 'slot' you want that particular enemy to take up

There are ways of automating this a bit more - if your enemies have a character ID of 1-30 (with the player having an ID of 0) then the above line could be:

//somewhere
Character *challenger = cDaddyD
//elsewhere
HealthBarValue = HP[challenger.ID-1]; //Subtract 1 since the array indexes go from 0-29

Hope that helps :)

Slasher

Cheers geork,

I will bear that in mind for reference (nod)

cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk