White War - Artists NEEDED (UPDATE 27th FEB 2015)

Started by abrahmat, Wed 07/01/2015 15:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

abrahmat

Project:
White War - Adventure set during World War I on the italian Dolomiti mountains (if you don't know anything about what happened there, the web will help you with tons of informations).

Details:
World War I never got the same appeal than WWII in videogames world. There are many reason for this to happens, but this is not the place or the moment. WWI cannot fit so well the fps style like WWI. It was static, made of unbearable long waitings and sudden attacks.
Even more if you think about the war fought on the Dolomiti Mountains at the border between Italy and Austria during 1914-18 war.
I've been there personally and I've walked along the trenches digged on the mountain sides and I was deeply fascinated by the story of the people that fought that war.
I've thought many times on making a game that could tell that story and now I think I have found the right instrument in AGS and I've finally came out with a good story.
For these reasons I've started to work on this ambitious project.

About me and needed help:
I'm Italian, so english is not my first language, but I can manage to work with english speaking people without problem... For other languages... We can work something out, of course, but it will be harder...
I'm an amateur both in scripting and in 2d graphics, so my progress are slow and bumpy (but I'm happy nonetheless) but since I really think this could be an enjoyable adventure game I'd like to try the more serious way and build up a small team of people that think that a game with this setting is worth a shot.

I'm alone right now, so I basically need all the help I can get so, if you are a or a 2d artist and you have some time to spare to this project, let me know.
You can reply here or contact me via pm, as you prefer.

Deadline:
Too many things about this project have to be set before even imagining a deadline. I'm not in a hurry, but I don't like losing time in a dead end quest, so, as soon as this project will be a little more "real", well, we will see about deadlines.

Further infos:
I really don't know how far this project can go, but for now is in "amateur" mode, so I cannot afford to pay anyone for the job. Tomorrow? Who knows. I don't want anybody to see this point in the wrong way... this is only to be clear since the beginning and avoid people that (rightfully) want to earn for their job to lose their time in this. Simple as that.

Few early screenshots and a detailed storyboard of this adventure will come out shortly.

Thanks for your attention.

Abrahmat

EDIT 2 CHARACTERS AND STORY

Main Character
Giuseppe, Jona for his friends, a young boy in his early  20s from a very small village, Pozzalto, located in the dolomiti area along the border between Italy and Austria.
His dream is to become a mountain guide even if his father, a guide as well, died while he was ascending the Cima Rotta, the highest peak of the mount Rasuro, just near the village.
He is a great climber, agile, and his intelligence and culture is above average compared to the other young boys of the village and the valley.
His life is deeply changed when the war arrives and he enrolls in the army, 2nd alpine regiment, battalion Roccaviva.

Other relevant characters

Antonio, called Toni, is the best friend of Giuseppe. He is a typical country boy, used to hard work in the fields and with cattle. Strong like a mule and loyal to his friends, he usually tend to obey orders without questioning them.

Ernesto, called Nesto, is a young mountain guide and the mentor of Jona who want to be like him. He is against the war, but he will become captain of the same battalion where Jona will enroll.

Hans, hans is owner of a alpine refuge (lodge) and he is from a village nearby which is in Austrian territory. He is a good friend of Nesto and he will be forced to fight his friend with the Austian Army.

The whole story develops itself in a quite small area.
The focal point is the mount Rasuro, a big massif with several peaks and a glacier where the Italian army will build its trenches.
Right down the mountain there is the valley where lies the village of Pozzalto

STORY
The story begins in 1914, when a young Jona still dreams to become an alpine guide. A short prologue will present us to all the main characters and introduce the war theme that concerns the region.
After the intro, the story continues in 1915, when Italy has entered the conflict and all the characters are in the army. The battalion of Jona and Nesto has the mission to climb the mount Rasuro and to conquer its peaks because of the strategic importance of the massif. From there the army can control the valley below and stop the advance of the Austrian army. The battalion has to build an entire system of trenches in very steep places, along the side of the mountain and has to face the true enemies of this war: cold and the mountain itself, with all its perils and pitfalls.
After the completion of the trenches, the fights begin and the Austrian army, unable to pass easily in the valley, begins to attack the Italian position from a similar trenches system built on the Austrian side of the massif.
But there is something strange in how the attacks and the defences always develops It seems  that Italian always know with absolute perfection the time and the place of the enemy's attacks and vice versa. This causes a stallmate, where nobody advances or retreats and very often the maneuvers end in few shot fired, few light wounds and nothing else.
Jona, will find out the secret behind this strange situation and from that moment his war, and his life, will change forever.

Update 27 Feb 2015:

After a great start we are facing the first difficulty in this project. Our artist sadly decided to leave the project because of lacking time.
While thanking him for his work in these months and for letting us see great pieces of art, we are now looking for artists capable of both character and background creations and animations.

the team is all italian now, but we have no difficulties in working in english, so as long as you are good with that, we don't have problems.
The storyline is ready and detailed for the first parts and will proceed togheter with the development of the game.
The coding part is in the hand of an experienced and very capable guy, so we only lack the art right now to make a great project.

The obectives are challenging and ambitious, but this project is born with the only mean to let the people working on that to have some fun and try to create something good.

If you want to know something more, write downhere or contact me via PM and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks

Abrahmat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk