AGS 3.4.0.3 or higher

Started by Slasher, Sun 08/02/2015 07:52:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

QuoteAGS 3.4.0.3 or higher
Are you using these later ags versions?

Your opinions/views are welcomed about these new versions.

cheers

Edit: When upgrading from 3.2.1

Gurok

I just switched my main project over from an old copy of 3.3.1 to 3.4.0.3 today. I think that while there were a few shaky moments with compiling and screen resolution selection in 3.4.0.1-3.4.0.2, but there's no real reason to avoid using 3.4.0.3 now.

The new dialog callbacks are welcome, but they mean a whole bunch of recoding just so that I can get the old behaviour back (which I'd built around AGS' old clunky dialog rendering system). All in all though, it'll be a better result with the new functions as I can do more stuff.

Edit: A bit more about the conversion experience. I'd been working with an old alpha (3.3.1), so my project was semi-ready to compile under the new version. The most painful part was probably replacing about 20 calls to ProcessClick with Room.ProcessClick, but that wasn't so bad. There's also a very helpful warning you get when compiling for Linux that tells you your game might not run correctly if it can't find a Linux version of the plugins you're using. Helpful, but now I have to try to source Linux versions of plugins! Also, you can turn off Linux compilation in the General Settings area of your project.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk