[HELP FOUND] Music Cues for AGS Awards Ceremony

Started by Snarky, Tue 03/03/2015 00:48:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Edit: Thanks everyone! We're more or less good on music for now, though if you have something you think would fit you can still send it to me. And there's always next year...

This is sort of an open call for contributions.

I'm hoping to add a bit more music to the AGS Awards ceremony. In particular, I think the winner of each category deserves a fanfare. Apart from that, maybe a music cue for when each nominee is presented, and perhaps background music for the acceptance speeches, the presentation of each category, and general chat? I'm open to suggestions. Edit: Listening to the first few submissions has helped me get a clearer idea of what I'm looking for:

Winner fanfare cue: A short triumphant burst of horns and strings, only a few seconds long (ca. 2-6?). To play as the winner is announced, before people have a chance to applaud (or while they're applauding).
Nominee announcement cue: A softer, "hopeful" music cue (strings, maybe), again only a few seconds long. To play as a nominee is presented, possibly under applause.

Intro screen music: For when the game starts, displaying an intro screen. Could start with an "AGS overture" cue, should then continue as general "main menu" music.
Acceptance speech background music: A looping track, calmly triumphant (not too smug, not too intrusive). For when the winner gives their acceptance speech.
Category presentation background music: A looping track, soft and upbeat, with a similar sound to the acceptance speech music, but maybe more suspenseful (while still staying in the background)? For when a presenter talks about the category they're handing out.
General chat background music: Another looping background track in a similar style, but more playful/silly (again, not so much that it becomes intrusive). For when the presenters are just goofing around between categories. (These bits are short enough that no music is necessarily required, so this is lower priority.)

For all of the background music, keep in mind that the ceremony goes on for a good two hours, so with only two-three different tracks, it needs to be something that people won't be completely sick of by the end. The background music can very well be "computer game-y" (MIDI or chiptune-style), though I think the fanfares should be more orchestral.

You can watch bits of last year's ceremony to see how it could be enhanced with music here: http://youtu.be/pb03pzWyEJU?t=20m14s

This is an unpaid gig, and the "game" will be open-sourced (though you may specify e.g. a Creative Commons Attribution license for your work). But you get to provide "official" AGS music. (If you want to reuse something from an existing game, please let me know.)

All contributions needed within about a week (yikes, it's already that close!), so there's not a whole lot of time. I can't promise it'll be included, so something you already have sitting around is probably most sensible.

Post in this thread or PM me.

Myshkin

Hi Snarky,

Sounds fun - I'm happy to offer anything I have that might be appropriate. Will PM you a few tracks :)

Snarky

A few different people have sent me music (thanks!), but I'm still missing something for the intro screen, as well as the actual winning fanfare.

For the fanfare, I'm looking for something like this: http://www.gettyimages.com/music/download-songs/551897
I'd ideally like to avoid sound effects that have to be commercially licensed, though. Not so much because of the price, but because it's hard to make sure we're complying with the licensing conditions. And anyway I prefer something made by AGSers.

HandsFree

I made a fanfare type thing for Ocean Spirit Danish. If Radiant agrees maybe the opening part if it can be used when a winner is announced. It's still longer than your example, but it might play on a bit when the winner is getting ready for the speech?

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/lislhkpq36pa6os/fanfare.mp3

Creamy

Snarky

Thanks, everybody. I've imported most of the music into the game. It sounds a little strange because different pieces in different styles clash a little bit... We'll see how it goes in the beta test tomorrow.

m0ds

I noticed my log-off chime was still in there. If leaving it in, perhaps you could call a StopMusic at the same time that is pressed so it's properly heard? You can also include the original Larry Vales "ode" piece in the list if you want, or I can write a new/longer one, though I realize that style is a mile apart from the new styles in there (which all sounded great!) :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk