KQ4 Community Remake

Started by ShiningRice, Thu 02/04/2015 04:30:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiningRice

I would really like to see a point and click remake of KQ4. Its the only one yet to have one and all the attempts to make one seem to be on a very long hold. Instead of looking for a select few to create it how about everyone who wants to see a remake contribute something. I am sure if everyone contributes just a little bit that it will not be too difficult for anyone. I think with the AGS development software the hardest thing is graphics.. so we should start a database of artwork for kings quest 4 starting with the map of tamir you can find plenty of screen shots of the classic game to give an idea of what to start with. Anyone think this could work?

AnasAbdin

ShiningRice

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Thu 02/04/2015 05:17:32
Something like this?

Yes the artwork on that project is great, but it seems to just be one person working on the artwork. Are they accepting artwork from everyone?

Monsieur OUXX

Well, the only way to know the answer is to ask them ;)

ShiningRice

Who would be interested in making one? A project that anyone can contribute to in their spare time. We just need to start a collection of artwork and we can fill in sound, dialog and coding as its needed. I will try to organize and I could assist with coding and dialog. We would need to be able to chat on a messenger like google messenger or something that we can regularly communicate on and we can post any and all contributions on here. I will download and save everything to my computer and give it to anyone who asks. I want this to be an open project for anyone to use what is posted to encourage a definite future of a updated game which I have always wanted to see a remake for Kings Quest 4 Perils of Rosella. Any ideas or suggestions you have are highly appreciated.

Snarky

You already started a thread about this two years ago. I have merged them.

But this isn't really how things are done: if you want a successful project, you're going to have to offer more than "I will try to organize". Having a track record of completed AGS games (and more than five posts of the forums, all of them about KQ4 remakes) would also help build confidence and perhaps attract contributors. Finally, we have a recruitment board for exactly this purpose. I recommend you read the recruitment board rules and post there â€" ideally after having done some work on it yourself so that you have something to show. Meanwhile I have locked this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk