HELP hotspot on hotspot

Started by rmonic79, Sat 04/04/2015 18:17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

hy i don't know if i missed something in this months but i think i nevere read if there's a method to draw an hotspot over another. i need to enable a small square over big one after some puzzle but i don't want to leave a hole inside the big square, is it possible? I have a similar problem with an hotspot over a charachter, is it possible to have the hotspot on first line under the mouse? thanks for your time :)

NickyNyce

You could use an object and place a hotspot under it. Once you use the object, turn its visibility to false and your hotspot will be ready for use under it.

Haggis

I don't think this is possible - I think you have two possible solutions:

a) Use an object to represent the smaller square once it becomes 'visible'.

b) Create two hotspots, one contained within the other - use 'if' conditions to have both hotspots react in the same way to user interaction. After the smaller hotspot becomes 'visible' use the if statement arguments to have the smaller hotspot react in a different way to user interaction.

Someone may even have better solutions / explanations than the above.

EDIT - like buses, two responses at once

Slasher

if using objects be sure to also make them Clickable=false when finished so that they will not take any more clicks.

if using hotspots Disable when finished so that they will not take any more clicks.

you should make an if/else function with a boolean or else that controls objects/hotspots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk