Advert on our forum

Started by Radiant, Thu 09/04/2015 12:14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Whenever I open the AGS forums on my cellphone, I am instead greeted by a page-filling advert for some chatting app; when I click to close that, half of the forum is still covered by an ad for the same app. Would it be possible to skip or disable those somehow, I'm not too fond of advertising on forums.

Snarky

Tapatalk? I think it's an app specifically for browsing web forums on phones, and they probably have some kind of deal with SMF (the forum software we use).

AGA

Not quite.  The Tapatalk ad appears because Tapatalk is running on the forums, it's not an SMF core feature.  This is because a number of forum users requested Tapatalk support.

I've fiddled with the settings, so perhaps the ads will now stop.

Stupot

Aha!
Quote from: AGA on Thu 09/04/2015 15:09:24
Aha! That would probably explain this:

It has been showing up all day and I thought the site was down, but it turns out it only happened when using 4G. For some reason, when I'm using it through my home wifi everything is fine.

straydogstrut

Unless it's been fixed since the last post, the forums are showing fine on my iPhone 5c (3G) and no popup for Tapatalk. I usually just close the prompt and don't see any ads.

AGA

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 09/04/2015 15:47:10
Aha!
Aha! That would probably explain this:

It has been showing up all day and I thought the site was down, but it turns out it only happened when using 4G. For some reason, when I'm using it through my home wifi everything is fine.

Changed on the Tapatalk side, not the forums.  So shouldn't be causing that error...

Stupot

I've reset the network settings on my phone and it seems to have done the trick, whatever it was :-)

Radiant

Not quite.  The Tapatalk ad appears because Tapatalk is running on the forums, it's not an SMF core feature.  This is because a number of forum users requested Tapatalk support.

Thank you.

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk