Ouroboros

Started by Shadow1000, Sun 07/06/2015 21:49:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I am stuck
Spoiler
in the bell room. I assume that the drum sequence is explained on the page of the journal with the pictures of the faces with lettered captions. I also assume that they are sequenced as indicated in the bottom right of that page. I assume that the goal is to go from the most dead looking character to the one who is alive. That would be: AA DE BE DC AA. However, that sequence doesn't work.

So, I must be wrong about the sequence and I guessed that maybe it's supposed to go from alive to dead rather than the other way, So, I reversed the sequence but that didn't work either.

I noted that the diagram on the bottom right has A below B and so on whereas the drums in the drum room have the farthest left higher than the one to its right. So I guessed that maybe it's upside down. That didn't work either.

I did use the sphere on the tube next to the corpse so I figure I must be finished with the corpse.
[close]

So, I really don't know where I'm going wrong. Help would be appreciated.

SHADOW

Firgof

Ah, that's actually my fault.
Spoiler
A change I made last-minute in the last build wound up breaking the puzzle rather than completely fixing it.
A new build will be available soon - you guessed the sequence correctly: 00 32 14 34 00
[close]

Sorry about that.  I was certain I'd tested it after fixing it - but I suppose I must not have.

Shadow1000

So is there a sequence that will let me continue or is the game now not finishable? I must have spent about 45 minutes on this room.

SHADOW

Firgof

Unfortunately, it is impossible to input the correct sequence in version 1.3/1.03 as the sequence length is too long for the tracked variable.  It was an off-by-one error.
The new build [v1.4/v1.04] should be available in 5 to 10 minutes depending on which site you're downloading from.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Shadow1000

Ok and will I be able to load my saved game or will I have to start from the beginning once I download the new version?

SHADOW

Firgof

Yes - as long as you do not save in the bell puzzle room but in, say, the Hub, it should be able to load up just fine.
A hotfix is being deployed for 1.4 (v1.45) which removes a developer-print and a faulty array definition that had yet to have been cleaned up from earlier.
Version 1.4's bell puzzle is however solvable; it will simply exclude the last two digits of the puzzle.  v1.45 corrects that.

In either case, you'll be able to complete the puzzle and continue onwards in the game now.

Shadow1000

I saved in the hub and it won't load. Do you happen to have a copy of a save from that point that  you know works with version 1.4 that you can post somewhere or email?

SHADOW

Firgof

That's curious.  It worked on my end.  I'd post my savegame for you but I don't know where AGS saves files by default and I'm having trouble locating them.

Shadow1000

It should be under C:\Users\%computername%\Saved Games\Ouroboros - The Sacrifice

Firgof

Aha, sure enough.  Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NeAD8R97TTUDV3WXhoalZaRms/view?usp=sharing
This should drop you in the Temple Hub with your pack and staff, as if you had just entered the temple via the Mouth.

Shadow1000

Nope. I can't get that save to work with the 1.4 that I downloaded. It just says unable to restore and closes down.

Firgof

Strange.  I tested it with my local copies of v1.3 and v1.4 and it worked alright. ???

Well, if that doesn't work I'm afraid you'll have to resort to cheats to return quickly to where you were.  If you use Ctrl+X on the main menu/title screen to navigate to room 1 [Cave Interior] and then use the same command to go to room 8 [Hub] you should be in the proper gamestate to continue as if you had just arrived at the temple.

Shadow1000

Ok, I deleted old saves and it works now.

Thanks for your help

SHADOW

Firgof

Very welcome.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the game - you're mostly through already by my estimations.

Shadow1000

I spoke too soon.

Spoiler
I did the corpse again. I went to the bell room to try the drum puzzle and when I click the drum on the most left (I assume that's A?) it says "drumbeat count 1". I accept the message and keep clicking the sequence and nothing happens. Once again, I am counting AA as hitting the drum on the farthest left twice, then DE as the 4th then 5th and so on. I am using the pattern AA DE BE DC AA based on the page in the journal.

Never mind. The puzzle goes backward from the sequence I thought. It does from the guy being alive to being dead.
[close]

What am I doing wrong?

SHADOW

Firgof

Spoiler
Try: "ADCBEDE[AA]" I can't remember whether I fixed that typo before or after v1.4.  The last two notes shouldn't be necessary but they might be.
[close]

Shadow1000

I finished the game. I tried both endings and neither video that you posted on the first page loaded. Are they supposed to load when you finish the game?

SHADOW

Firgof

Yes.  I received a report over the IRC that AGS for Linux doesn't [currently] load video files.
Were you running the game via that distribution or regularly via Windows?  If so, what was the error message that was given?

Shadow1000

I'm using Windows 7. No error message - it just jumped to the credit page.

Firgof

I'm not sure what the difference is between our builds as I'm running the same executable I'm shipping out to y'all.
Just played through the whole game and went for Ending A - and got it.  The Ending cutscenes are skipable - were you holding down spacebar/enter or clicking rapidly by chance?

If not, perhaps it's a CODEC related error.  The game uses MP4 files which were transcoded into OGG Video format.  Perhaps you don't have the CODEC for OGG Video format files?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk