[Solved] I don't know what I did, but none of my games are running.

Started by firagasoul, Sat 13/06/2015 11:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

firagasoul

So earlier today I downloaded AGS and it was working pretty smoothly and the games would run and actually work, but somewhere along the line I may have messed with something I shouldn't have and now I can't get anything to run. Every time I click on the run button, it loads for about 5 seconds and then gives me an error saying "There was a problem initializing graphics mode 1280 x 800 (16-bit) with game size 320 x 200 and filter 'StdScale4'" I'm not sure what I did, if anything, and I've already tried changing the graphics driver, color depth, and resolution. If it helps, I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit. Thanks!

CaptainD

Are you using a laptop by any chance?  I've had trouble with the resolutions with that.  I normally find 2x filter and Full Screen work best for 320x200 games - have you tried that one and it still doesn't work? 

Other than thatm have you managed to get it to run in a window (smaller than your Desktop resolution)?

firagasoul

No, I'm just using a regular old computer. At first I was able to run the game in the window that it gives you (the default template), but now it won't run at all.

Also, how do you change the filter? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything.

Thanks again!

[EDIT] Also again, is the filter a physical computer part or a setting or whatever? I really have no idea what I'm doing.

[EDIT2] Welp, I just tried running the game again (I didn't mess with anything) and it's working again, at least for now. I don't know what the deal was, but thanks CaptainD for trying to help.

Crimson Wizard

"There was a problem initializing graphics mode 1280 x 800 (16-bit) with game size 320 x 200 and filter 'StdScale4'" - this means simply that your graphics card does not support such full screen resolution, and you may need to try different scaling filter.

Filters are not physical part of the computer, they are options in game setup.

You may change filter by running game setup and modifying "scaling filter" option.
If you are running your game from AGS, then first do Build -> Build EXE; then Build -> Run game setup.
If you have a compiled game, then run winsetup.exe from its folder.

firagasoul

That all makes sense. If it happens to me again, at least I'll know what to do. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk