Fridge Follies

Started by Baron, Mon 22/06/2015 04:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Presenting:

Fridge Follies

Baron and Ponch collaborate on this epic one-room journey of a small Starfruit in a big fridge.  Winner of the November 2014 MAGS "food theme" competition, this little gem of a game has finally been remastered and fully voiced for the consumption of the wider gaming public.  Despite an approximate playing time of 5 minutes, this game is chockablock full of zany humour and compelling dialog.  So what are you waiting for?  In the time you've taken to read this promo you could have finished the game already!

Download from the Database

Gameplay: Single click. 

Credits: Concept by Baron & Ponch.  Art and animation by Baron.  Most of the dialog is Ponch.  Scripting was half'n half-ish.  Ponch found music & sounds.  Baron did the voices.  Frodo did our betatesting.

Edit: ...and Frodo and Grundislav did our Scottish and Spanish translations, respectively!  Now who was responsible for the German translation, I wonder.... (roll)

Ponch

I heartily endorse this product! :grin:

Also, I should note that Frodo and Grundislav also provided translations for us.

selmiak

how did I miss this as a MAGS game? the voiceacting and writing is brilliant! Absolutey lovely character design! A very funny game!

kconan

Great job guys!  I rate this short game low on the stink-o-meter (that's a good thing).

Frodo

Excellent game.  Simply hilarious!  :grin:

I'm impressed at Baron's different voices for each character 

Pure Dead Braw, as they say here in Scotland.  :cheesy:

Shadow1000

Very entertaining short game. Absolutely hilarious! Well done

SHADOW

Grundislav

Cute game! Loved all the voices.

I found a bug: Clicking on the hot sauce repeatedly causes a crash. (I wanted to see and hear all the phrases :D)

Ponch

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 23/06/2015 15:15:51
I found a bug: Clicking on the hot sauce repeatedly causes a crash.

¡Ay Dios mío! :shocked:

AprilSkies

Ahaha wonderful little game! ^____^
Well Done Baron and Ponch!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

Good work guys ;-D why are lovely games always short? I didn't want it to end :-[

Ponch

Baron

Thanks everyone for your fantastic feedback!  It was really fun to finally team up with Ponch and make something completely silly.  I'd recommend everyone do it (team up with Ponch, that is).  All at once, of course (it'd be more fun that way := ).   

I've been unable to replicate Grundislav's bug -has anyone else experienced any problems?

Stupot

I enjoyed this first time round. It's even better with the voice acting. Nice job ;-D

Alas, I also found a little bug.
Spoiler
I tried using the antacid on the water drops, but instead he took out a yellow straw and made the celery erect. I hadn't even attained up the straw yet.
[close]

MiteWiseacreLives!

8-0 That maybe the greatest game I ever played.  8-0
I will never not play anything that isn't not Fridge Follies.
didn't get any bugs my play

Gurok

This was very cute. I must have missed the MAGS version. Generally speaking, the intro was great. There was also at least one reasonably challenging puzzle (the celery took a little thought). I felt the ending was a bit short but all in all it was absolutely splendid!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AprilSkies

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Thu 25/06/2015 06:32:00

Ahahah I second this.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Ponch

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Thu 25/06/2015 06:32:00
I will never not play anything that isn't not Fridge Follies.
didn't get any bugs my play
I like the cut of your jib, sir. :cheesy:

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

Baron

OK, I think I've just successfully zapped the antacid bug, and we quarantined the hot-sauce bug last night.  So unless anyone's found any other hiccoughs in the gaming experience, I think we should all get back to stroking Ponch's ego with praise and envy. ;)

Ponch

MiteWiseacreLives!

Oh let's not forget your ego, Baron!
I nominate thee for Prime Minister of Canada and asketh that thou face be imprintedeth upon all Arm & Hammer Refrigerator Packs in thee Land!!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk