cEgo Won't Walk With Verb Coin Template in 3.3.4? [SOLVED]

Started by The Great Underground Empire, Sat 08/08/2015 19:18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Underground Empire

I just created a new game using Electroshokker's Verb Coin template.  Plugged in my own sprites for cEgo and a background for Room 1, then paint-bucket filled Walkable Area 1 for the entire room.

But when I left-click, cEgo won't move.  I tried a cEgo.Walk command in the script, set for WalkableAreas, and she moved just fine.

I've gone back and started completely fresh just to make sure I didn't turn on/off some setting...even booted up a game made for the previous AGS version with the exact same template, and that character walks around fine.  Any idea what's going on?

Crimson Wizard

I have honestly no idea what changed in 3.3.4 that could break character walking.
Could you possibly upload the game project you were testing this with?

Thanks for replying. :)  I figure it's some incredibly obvious detail I'm overlooking, and I'll smack my forehead once someone spots it.

I've messed around a bit in the meantime, trying to test fixes.  It's now room 10: Xiope's Cliff.  When run, it'll pause for 2 seconds, then make her walk through the full-screen walkable area.  After that, nothing happens when you left-click, though the verb coin still works in all other ways.

I appreciate your help!

http://www.filedropper.com/sirenity

Crimson Wizard

1) I confirm that walking does not work if you create a new game of VerbCoin template in 3.3.4 and start clicking on walkable areas. (your game does not work eiher).
2) Walking works if I create VerbCoin game in AGS 3.2.1.
3) I noticed that in 3.3.4 we use a newer version of VerbCoin template. I copied an old template to 3.3.4 (renamed it to VerbCoin321) , created a game with it and walking worked.

In conclusion, there is something with latest template version that broke character walk. :/
I suggest you report this in Template's thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=32745.0

Meanwhile you can use same solution: copy a template from 3.2.1 to your 3.3.4 AGS program directory.

Sweet!  Thanks a bunch for the help, sorry it had to be for a breakage.  This game is for MAGS so losing hours trying to figure it out was making me pull out my hair. :)  I'll report it in the thread, thanks again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk