[Winners] SPRITE JAM: Villains, bosses and henchmen - until 30th september

Started by Grok, Fri 11/09/2015 17:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

They say that a hero is only as good as his villain, and the villains are often a darn sight more interesting. So the theme for this sprite jam is

Villains, bosses and henchmen

so bring on your best bad boys

the competition ends on the 30th September.

Added a set of trophies for the winners:

Misj'

Edit: I did a quick and rough version (click the image) of him the first time you would meet him in the story. He's a suave extravagant charmer, and you probably wouldn't guess he's going to be the main villain and puppet-master in control of your (very well timed) demise.

I always think it's fun - and an important exercise - to draw your villains as a friendly, possibly heroic character. It keeps the design from becoming one-dimensional where you focus solely on a single trait. Especially heroes and villains tend to run that risk

I didn't have much time lately, but I had to get my mind off some other stuff. And villains are always fun to draw. I always prefer schemers who operate from the shadows, and the rich and powerful always make good villains (the weak and poor make good villains too, but they kinda lack in resources to pull it off).

Grok

An excellent entry Misj'.

That character would make a great villain. :)

Hobo

Is he a villain? Maybe... probably. Most people simply know him as The Salesman.

3x zoom:

Original:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/2L4gODr.png[/imgzoom]

Misj'

Quote from: Hobo on Tue 15/09/2015 12:21:51Is he a villain? Maybe... probably. Most people simply know him as The Salesman.
Nice, they have the same barber :-D

Dropped Monocle Games

Grok

Lovely to see two more very strong entries,by Hobo and Dropped Monocle Games. We are off to a good start here, but keep them coming.

Mad

Meet arch-villain to be Lord Crimson (that's Cyril to his mum) and faithful Henchbot 1.0:

Mandle

OMG....so many great entries in this one, but I think I just found my fave! (I'm assuming that's your boy, Mad?...Wow, drawn with such love. If so Did he/you guys actually make that robot?)

Mad

Thanks for the kind words, Mandle.

To answer your question, the sprite is pure fiction, since my boy is only 5 months old.
But saying that, that will totally be the first evil henchbot we will build to live out my dreams of world domination through my spawn... ;)

Cassiebsg

I might join in on this one, got just the most perfect devilish villain in mind! :-D Hope it's okay, that it's from my fav TV show though. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Grok

@ Mad    A beautiful entry. ;-D

Reminds me a bit of one of my absolute favorite comic strips, Hobbes and Calvin

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 18/09/2015 13:37:07
I might join in on this one, got just the most perfect devilish villain in mind! :-D Hope it's okay, that it's from my fav TV show though. ;)

That's OK by me and since I make up the rules for this JAM that makes it officially OK.

Grok

Improving on my hosting skills I have added a set of trophies for the winners:

Cassiebsg

Behold the might Spectre, henchcylon to none other than the Imperial Leader himself! (if you believe in any word he says anyway. (laugh) ).

And thanks for "letting me" do him. It's not perfect, but very close to it (in my eyes anyway. ;) ).

[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/BSG78/Specter_Front_Final_Small.png[/IMGzoom]

PS - This is officially my first finished 3D character! :-D

Cassiebsg

Myinah

Cassie yours reminds me of a Persona style enemy. Good job!

Grok

One week left!
A bunch of great entries have been posted, but there is still room for more.

Had I not been the host of this Jam, this is what would have been my contribution. She is known as the Red Scorpion and I would not be surprised if she finds her way into some future game.

So since I am the host, this sprite is not part of the competition.

SilverSpook

I find this Scorpion creature, uh, highly attractive!   

I give you Head Lock, the antifreeze-addicted robotic assassin, who is not alone at the bar because of his menacing appearance, but because of his paralyzing social anxiety disorder. 

Grok

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sat 26/09/2015 07:25:05
I find this Scorpion creature, uh, highly attractive!   

I give you Head Lock, the antifreeze-addicted robotic assassin, who is not alone at the bar because of his menacing appearance, but because of his paralyzing social anxiety disorder.

That's a Cool(d) Character. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk