Goodbye MAGS

Started by Atelier, Sat 10/10/2015 15:47:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

This morning I passed on MAGS Hostship to Stupot.

I have been very busy lately, and I am getting to the stage where I need to make some important decisions for my future - so it doesn't look like I'll any longer be able to give the competition (and entrants!) the attention it truly deserves.

Dualnames made me MAGS host when I was just 15, and a lot has changed over those 5 years (and 60 competitions). I don't intend to be sentimental, but in some ways I grew up through those confusing years with the competition always as part of my life. If I managed to help people enjoy themselves and flex their creative muscles, it has all been worth it (laugh)

Finally, but what I wanted to say the most: best wishes to our new host, Stupot!

Slasher

The best of luck with your life decisions and of course good luck to Stupot ;)

Stupot

Atelier, you make me feel old.

You've done a cracking job as MAGS host. I think everyone agrees on that, and we get that you've been a busy, studious chap. It's sad that you are hanging up your MAGS boots (and what big boots they are to fill), but it sounds as though you have your reasons. I do hope you'll keep checking in on the MAGS threads (maybe even enter a couple).

And lastly, thanks for thinking of me as successor. I'm very flattered and I promise to try and do the same justice to the role as you have over the past few years.

All the best mate (nod)

Retro Wolf

Good luck Atelier!
Good luck Stupot!

Cassiebsg

Good luck to the both of you.
I know how much time studies can take and sometimes you just need to commit and do the best you can there. It's your future after all!
Keep checking in when you can and am sure that maybe when you're done have some free time again you will return. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Fitz

Atelier, admit it, you only did it because I'm almost done with my last years' August MAGS and you were afraid I'd jump right back in for next month's competition -- and then, at the end of the month, I'd start perstering you about extending the deadline ;)

But I won't do that to Stu... yet (laugh) I do feel a need for a creative challenge -- but November is the month of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I've been dying to just sit down and write something.

In any case -- good luck with whatever you're up to :)

selmiak

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Sat 10/10/2015 17:02:48
Good luck Atelier!
Good luck Stupot!

this!
Thanks Atelier for hosting MAGS for such a long time, it was always great!

CaptainD

Thanks Atelier!  MAGS has always been great fun and you've been a massive part of that.  I'm sure Stupot+ will continue in the fine tradition. ;)

Ponch

Thanks for all your hard work, Atelier. And good luck to Stupot+. Looking forward to the future MAGS+ competitions. :=

Mandle

MAGS has a special place in my own heart in that it's the only way I've ever managed to release complete games pretty much the way they were envisioned originally...

Thanks for all your slefless work on the competition dude, and I think you could not have chosen a better successor than Stu...

And best of luck with the future! I hope it involves some awesome game coming out about 6 years in the future, but even if not: Be awesome at whatever you choose to do!

Ghost

You've made an awesome MAGS host, Atelier, and your random posts shall never be forgotten. Best of luck, sir!

Does Stupot get to pick up the mantle? Is there some MAGS Cave somewhere? There IS a mantle, right?

Mandle

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 11/10/2015 03:16:55
Is there some MAGS Cave somewhere? There IS a mantle, right?

OMG that would be such a fitting theme for the next MAGS!!!

Atavismus

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/10/2015 21:07:45
Thanks Atelier!  MAGS has always been great fun and you've been a massive part of that.  I'm sure Stupot+ will continue in the fine tradition. ;)
+1!

Myinah

Sox and I kicked off our AGS career with MAGS and so the competitions hold a special place for us. You've been a great host! Thanks for running them so we'll all this time. Also Gratz to Stupot+! I'm sure you will do an excellent job!

Problem

I never got around to make a MAGS game, but I always loved to watch the competition and play the games. You did a great job hosting these competitions, Atelier!
Luckily we won't have to worry about the future of MAGS, because Stupot is an excellent choice - good luck to both of you!

Radiant

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ibispi

Good luck Atelier!
Good luck Stupot!

xil

Thank you Atelier for all the dedication and hard work you put into MAGS :)

Good luck Stupot+, I hope getting to this MAGS cave I hear about is not too difficult and that the mantle therein provides you with warmth and comfort during your tenure ;)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Ghost

Quote from: xil on Sun 11/10/2015 20:39:51
I hope getting to this MAGS cave I hear about is not too difficult and that the mantle therein provides you with warmth and comfort during your tenure ;)

I did some research. There IS a MAGS Cave, and it has a mini bar that requires a secret handshake.

Mandle

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 11/10/2015 21:27:14
Quote from: xil on Sun 11/10/2015 20:39:51
I hope getting to this MAGS cave I hear about is not too difficult and that the mantle therein provides you with warmth and comfort during your tenure ;)

I did some research. There IS a MAGS Cave, and it has a mini bar that requires a secret handshake.

A mini bar with secret shakes!? What flavours do they have?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk