SPRITE JAM : Experimental Warfare (WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Grab your Trophies!)

Started by Priabudiman, Tue 27/10/2015 17:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Priabudiman

~ Experimental Warfare ~

In WW2 . Both Axis and Allies are racing to create and construct the ultimate weapons and devices to turn the tides of war to their side. They concept and develop the most unbelievable,time consuming,money wasting, machines that ever created. Some of those, mostly didn't ever saw any actions, or only a draft in a paper to put as a poster in some oldschool scientist to look at.

And Now,

You are the concept engineer tasked to come out with a new design (can be a weapon, utilities, vehicles, etc) that can help your side to win! (hopefully) . The limitations are none, money ain't a thang, except for these three, Even maybe it will look silly, grandiose, terrifying, or whatever it might be!, the design must be rational, functional and able to be constructed properly. (so stacking a box of nails as tall as heavens go and hoping for it to topple and fall to your opponent's head are not an option!)

Please write a descriptions of the design you've created. e.g :

**Image Here**

CowaBomber Mark II

Description :
This self propelled cow with MK II Bovinium Steel armored war jacket are meant to be flown over Berlin and dropped at the Reichstag. The cost is roughly quarter gajillion dollars for the first prototype.

Documents Stolen from the War front for your References :

Update from The Command :

Command Center has Prepared These Set of Medals for your Efforts! keep those files coming!

1st : 2nd : 3rd :

Note :
Thank you @Mad for giving me opportunity to host this JAM . This here, are my first JAM event, so please be patient with me.

Grok

All wars should be fought with pillows (nod)

Priabudiman

Nice entry Grok! And complete to the blue print stage...

And yes.. Just let the puff do all the ruff..

Well done!

Mad

Chi-Fighter MKI

As in life so in plane design, the engineer of this aircraft single-mindedly followed his family creed: lots is good, more is better!
His superiors in the War Office didn't quite share this belief, which is why this jet powered prototype is the only one that ever got built.
Hardly surprising, aforementioned engineer found himself with quite a lot more time on his hands, which he spend building model aircrafts with his greatest fan, his grandchild. Who incidentally went on to work at Elstree Studios...

Priabudiman

Mad, Seriously.. how long does it takes? lol! Thanks for the Detailed description, so nice to read em.

Another Awesome Entry!

Come on people, still opening slots for new submissions! get those gears running now!

Note : Gonna let this one open for awhile, then i will set the end date after i finish with the Trophies.

Tournk

Okay, I've got some inspiration already, now for actually drawing it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before the end date.
Reaction is always funny.

Kumpel

To: GEN McAllen

Sir,
the 6th Bat. succeeded sabotaging the Nazi research facility "Zukunftswerk" in Bergheim near Nurnberg. Thereby we seized the applied blue prints of a new battle tank model the enemy calls "Tolkien". Most of the prints are heavily redacted but our translator says, the Krauts seem to be working on some kind of cross-axled super mobile and super heavy battle tank with a quad gun turret.
Our experts don't believe the Fuhrer will have the ressources to even build a prototype before the war ends, but if this tank would get into production the enemy will have a huge battle advantage on wide areas for it's excellent mobility and battle flexibility. Also the concept of a quadruple turret is vastly increasing the rate of fire thus it's posing a great danger for most of our smaller tank units.

I am awaiting your commands, how to proceed with this information at hand.
1st LIEUT Pearson

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Tn1VDro.png[/imgzoom]

Priabudiman

Thank you for the Direct Intel Lt. Pearson!

Such a weird looking yet magnificent contraption could be just what we need to turn the tides of war! Splendid details on the reports! the top brass will definitely love this.

Update from The Command :

Command Center has Prepared These Set of Medals for your Efforts! keep those files coming!

1st : 2nd : 3rd :

Mandle

Quote from: Mad on Fri 30/10/2015 20:21:01

OMG a WW2 X-Wing?! And flawlessly drawn! The awesometer just broke!

Tournk

So here it is. Does it still qualify as rational, and functional?

It's blue. And it can fly. RUN!!!11!1!
Reaction is always funny.

Priabudiman

LOL! lots of amazing entries! just a couple days more till closing and voting! keep those ideas flowing guys!

Quote from: Valent Jaineshon on Sat 07/11/2015 00:55:25
So here it is. Does it still qualify as rational, and functional?
It's blue. And it can fly. RUN!!!11!1!

Ha Ha! this is awesome! WMD at its best

MiteWiseacreLives!

Pinback

Dang, working on a new project that fits this brief precisely. To enter or not to enter...

Priabudiman

Quote from: Pinback on Mon 09/11/2015 07:14:52
Dang, working on a new project that fits this brief precisely. To enter or not to enter...

But of course its "ENTER" :-D

Pinback

*not* an entry :P

I'd enter for reals but I have a rap gig to put on soon - doubting I'd have time to host the comp. Besides, technically this is strictly alternate WW1 tech, and thus ineligible as per competition rules.

Should probly just butt out, heh.

Priabudiman

Thats one heck of a medcart.. A literal cart! Awesome works nonetheless, thanks for the display.

To save some time, I will start printing entries for the polls purpose tomorrow (nothing changes on the end date)
later, i will show them to some people i work with for their votes and reason. I will ask 6-10 people to choose and get their reason why.

Cassiebsg

Oh? Has the competition already closed? ???
Thought it was open until the 15th. :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Priabudiman

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 11/11/2015 19:37:23
Oh? Has the competition already closed? ???
Thought it was open until the 15th. :-[

Not yet Cassie, its indeed still open until 15th! come and submit :D

Im very sorry for the confusions on my last post, im just starting to collect and print the creations for later voting purpose. (editing previous post)

Edit :

Thank you so much for everyone who already submit all their beautiful and amazing creations, I will now take a bit of time to spread the submissions for Voting. Result should be available and announced by 17-18th.

Again, thank you for helping this Jam going.

Priabudiman

Thank you for the wait!

Now after showing all entries to 10 random people and asking them about functionality and designs of the devices, ive asked them to put one vote to their favourite entry.

here goes the final result and the winners of this Jam.

Mad (WW2 X-Wing) = 9 votes (best visualization)
Kumpel (Project Tolkien) = 7 votes (best descriptions and immersion)
Grok (Secret Pillow Weapon) = 5 votes (awesome satirical inputs)

Honorable mentions :

Valent (The Blue Cup Bomber) = 3 votes
Pinback (Meditrack Unit) = 10 votes (but sadly cannot be counted as entry but awesome job nonetheless)

Congratulations to all the winners and all participants!
I want to personally thank you for everyone who already help and participate on this Jam. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to host the jam. I'm honored!

Priabudiman

Cassiebsg

Congrats Mads and all participants! (nod)
Mine did not got done in time, as it all of a sudden decided not to cooperate. :(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk