THE QUIET CHRONICLES-Boardwalk setup

Started by Glenjamin, Sat 31/10/2015 19:51:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenjamin

THE QUIET CHRONICLES

We're back again baby!
The votes are in, and it's been decided. The Quiet Game is getting a FULL version!
The issue is, we still haven't decided between 3 or 6 levels yet, so be sure to vote at:

Let's mix it up!
We've been debating how we can make such a one-time idea into 3-6 levels. We found the answer by analyzing the way people played the original Quiet Game.The entire idea behind the game was that the main character would be mean to you, thus giving you incentive to hurt him with environmental hazards. However due to the humerous dialogue, we've noticed most players wouldn't hurt him, just so they could hear it. As a result, we've shifted the meta!

In some levels, you'll  be asked to hurt him, other times you'll need to protect him from incoming hazards, and some other currently confidential ideas.

Here's some features you can expect to see in The Quiet Chronicles:

• 3-6 levels with branching paths
  • Over 30 minutes of dialogue
  • More fluid, slapstick inspired animations during events
  • At least 3 cut-scenes
  • Free-Roam mode where you can explore a level freely with no goal or time limit
  • Tutorial hobo levels! Play as everyone's favorite lowlife

SCREENSHOTS
For your viewing pleasure

Happy Holloween

Glenjamin

GET INVOLVED IN THE QUIET CHRONICLES

Have you ever wanted a custom drawn boardwalk store in some random video game? Now's your chance!
Make a store about your dog! Make a store about your mother! Make a store that would actually have a chance at succeeding in today's vicious economy! It's up to you!

Here's a template of what your suggestion should look like:
Store name:
Store color:
Store detail:
Store logo:
Description of employee:
Store's event: (What would happen to the player if the store's event is triggered)

Feel free to add anything else you think of! And remember, be creative and have fun!

SilverSpook

Looks great, buddy!  Looks like it'll be a gut-busting 30 minutes.  Here's a store for yous:

Store name: Pawsome Sauce
Store color: Red
Store detail: A place that sells barbecued / deepfried meats on sticks in the shape of cute animals like puppies, cats, chipmunks, etc..  Each 'meat stick' comes wrapped in a lolcat / cute puppy internet meme printout.
Store logo: A smiling dog giving the thumbs up.  Like a canine version of the "Buddy Christ".
Description of employee: A dude in a Disney animal costume.
Store's event: (What would happen to the player if the store's event is triggered) a flaming poodle comes running out from the back door, sets asshole dude on fire.

Suggestion for neighboring stores: Veterinarian, Chinese restaurant.

kconan

Store name: The Purple Nurple
Store color: Purple
Store detail: A seedy strip joint, and the player can only catch occasional glimpses (legs flailing, arms pumping, etc...) of the goings on inside through a small window...As the asshole runs past the player hears bad techno
Store logo: A Purple thong bikini
Description of employee: A huge bouncer
Store's event: The bouncer clotheslines asshole while he's running, or just throws a punch/kick/whatever at him

Glenjamin

Let's keep this going! We got a lot of boardwalk to fill!

SilverSpook

Great job bro!  That Paw-Some Sauce dog is spot-on, simultaneously cute yet disgruntling, in a Donnie Darko "Frank" sort of way. :)

Kumpel

Store name: (K)NIGHT WASH
Store color: Lightblue/silver
Store detail: In the store windows you can see heavily rotating and dangerously vibrating washing machines. In one machine is a pair of small eyes (somebody threw his - as I hope - pet in the machine)
Store logo: a polished knight, clean as a whistle, is riding a washing machine
Description of employee: Not an employee but a female customer with a huge pile of freshly washed cloths in her basket
Store's event: If you trigger the store event early enough, the female customer opens the store door and a broken machine produces a mountain of suds that saves the dude from some hazards. If you do it too late, the customer slips after coming out of the store and her pile of cloths is tumbling down on the dirty, muddy street, screwing her day.

kconan

The Purple Nurple and the bouncer look great!

selmiak

Store name: Button Mashers Black Market
Store color: SNES grey with 4 snes button color stripes
Store detail: your local videogame store. also offeres used games. lots of flashing lights and pixels inside happening.
Store logo: a joystick
Description of employee: 40something bald fat guy with moobs and a zelda shirt. yeah, zelda, not link.
Store's event: would be perfect for a mini minigame? or employee swings snes controller, releases it and fiddles it around your legs

Blondbraid

Store name: Pepo the colwn's kidz toyz (some of the letters are crooked or upside down, and in mismatched colors)
Store color:A garish yellow with tacky polka-dots.
Store detail:A toy store with darts, bombs, toy guns and that sort of dangerous kids toys that should have been banned at least 30 years ago.
Store logo: Something an 50 year old would think that kids like, like a giant lollipop or a small hat with a propeller
Description of employee: A totally legitimate and not at all scary clown smiling and waving frantically
Store's event: A kid comes running out wielding a huge toy mace accidentally whacking the dude in the groin. The clown laughs.

Glenjamin

Ladies and gentleman, (K)Night Wash is complete!
I'm proud of how it turned out.

Just a quick note, I got some major school tests, AND my driving exam this week, so posts on the game may slow down for the next 3 days. Feel free to keep adding more store ideas and your opinions in the meantime, I see it all! Thanks and stay happy! ~Gfreezie(A.K.A Glenjamin)

Kumpel

Sir, you made my day, week and even month with this! I laughed so hard (laugh)(laugh)(laugh) absolutely love the execution of my crackpot idea. The customer looks purrrfect to me.

Glenjamin

I went a little Gung-Ho on these two shops.

Sorry, but I couldn't work the ZELDA(Not link) shirt into the employee of button mashers. They didn't have any in 4XL. Also I gave him a glorious mane instead of being bald. We all have our own behind-the-counter Jabba the Hutt who deals with our monthly transactions, so here's mine.

As for the second one, I've abridged "Pepo the Clown's kids toys" into "Pepo's kids". We all have that one kid's store in the neighborhood thats all "___'S kids". Isn't that wierd? Like, is it THEIR kids? If I go in there and I am also a kid does that mean I qualify as THEIR kid? Whose kid is who's? Or is it Whom's. Whatever.

Pepo is watching you

SilverSpook

That's pretty kickass pixel arting, bro!  I like the homicidal brain too!  Add him into the game somewhere!

Glenjamin

The great boardwalk has been revealed!
(Sort of)

This is the first completely put together mapping of the first level of the quiet chronicles! This Level branches into two paths, dictated by the red-outlined stairs.
The two paths are the Boards, and the strip! There's plenty of room for more shops, stores, restaurants, or exclusive goat dealerships.
Be sure to submit your ideas ASAP, because Tutorial Hobo and the fat man are ready for some fun in the sun! (In mid November)

SilverSpook

Looks great man!  Can't wait to share the fun in that sun with Tutorial Hobo and Bald Dude, in a really gay way!  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk