Song Animals [MAGS]

Started by Myshkin, Tue 01/12/2015 11:16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

Created in a busy month for MAGS November 2015...

Song Animals is a short adventure puzzle game, featuring a variety of strange and fantastic creatures on a quest to free their friends. Explore surreal watercolour worlds and use the power of music to rescue your animal friends!

Download:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1979/
(it's a gamejolt link - if anyone has any problems let me know and I'll upload a mirror)

Hope you enjoy!

Mandle

Just finished the game and it was a lovely calming experience. Both the graphics and the music really helped detox me after testing and retesting my own MAGS entry, where the sounds and visuals are supposed to be all about a rising level of stress.

So yeah, I think the mood of this game and mine are polar opposites...Which I really needed after the last few days...

Beautiful game. And tell your sister that her art is amazing!

Oh, and G'day from myself (a fellow Aussie)...Great to see Aussies doin' brilliant stuff!

CaptainD

Ah so this is the one you were telling me about!  Looks interesting, will try to give it a whirl sometime this week.

Mehrdad

Edwin
I love your games . There is full spiritual atmospheric in all of them.
Sisyphus Reborn is one of best my favorite games.

Congratulations
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Stupot

Lovely game. I really dig the surreal watercolour world and the soothing tones. I was sad when it ended.

CaptainD

What an enchanting game!  As soon as we completed it my little girl demanded we play it again! :grin:

Cassiebsg

Ahm... can I get a mirror? Gamejolt doesn't work for me. :(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Myshkin

Thanks for the lovely comments guys!
Mehrdad that made my day :)
(I could have sworn I posted a reply yesterday but it doesn't seem to have worked)

@CaptainD - that's nice to hear! I started to get the feeling while making it that I was making a kid's game without actually meaning to, so I'm happy to hear she liked it.

@Cassiebsg - I had a feeling gamejolt didn't work for everyone but couldn't remember. I've uploaded a mirror now to the game page - let me know if you have any problems.

Cassiebsg

Thanks! :-D Downloading now! (nod)
Guess I'll wait for tomorrow and see if I can play that one with my son then. (laugh)

Eggie

That was totally inspired! I loved it!
Spoiler
And I can't believe how musically illiterate I am that the last sequence had me stumped for so long
[close]

[delete}

Liked the illustrations a lot. Reminded me of classical 'Swimmy' by children's book illustrator Leo Lionni.

Cassiebsg

Really lovely and enjoyable game, I seem however to be stuck. :-\

Spoiler

Don't know if I missed an item, have a felling I did. there was this glowing piece at around the start that I never managed to pick up.
Is there a save function? Or do I need to restart from the beginning? ???
[close]

Myshkin

Eggie - thanks, glad you enjoyed it! (I think it was sort of an in-joke of mine that the last puzzle seems the most complex but the solution is the most mundane)
Embla - thanks! I haven't heard of that but I'll check it out
Cassie - at the moment there is no save/load function (the whole game lasts approx 10-15 minutes) but I think I will add one in.

It shouldn't be possible to progress while missing an item though - to leave each room you have to take the new item in it (unless I've made a mistake somewhere!)

sergiocornaga

This is super charming! Gorgeous art and audio, loved the musical puzzles too. Liked the character selection puzzles as well- nothing wrong with them, but you can't be superlative all the time, you know?

Myshkin

Thanks Sergio!
I did wonder if the switching characters would be confusing - or not clear that it could be done, and I wanted to keep the game word-free. So I put in that little hint arrow for the first few which hopefully got the idea across.

CaptainD

Quote from: Emont on Sun 06/12/2015 03:30:04
It shouldn't be possible to progress while missing an item though - to leave each room you have to take the new item in it (unless I've made a mistake somewhere!)

There are glowing plants that can't be picked up (I tried to but soon realised they must only be there for decoration!) - Cassie send me a PM if you're still stuck and I'll try to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk