PLUGIN: AGSGalaxy - GOG Galaxy achievements!

Started by monkey0506, Tue 05/01/2016 01:58:50

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

The AGSGalaxy plugin: GOG Galaxy stats, achievements, and leaderboards for AGS!

FULL source code is available, as GOG Galaxy API is open-source (er... not strictly licensed? I don't seem to actually find the full source code for the API or client anywhere, but it definitely isn't licensed in a closed-source fashion)!

Download (see this post in deciding which version to download)

Cheers! 8-) For an example, please check out the Steam+Galaxy project.

Monsieur OUXX

monkey0506

Latest binaries are up with some significant changes. First of all, the plugin is now feature-complete with stats and leaderboards! := AGSGalaxy also now supports unified builds by default (agsgalaxy.dll). If you want to continue using the Galaxy-specific struct name of "AGSGalaxy" in your game scripts, feel free to use the "disjoint" plugin (agsgalaxy-disjoint.dll) instead. All this really changes is how you call the Galaxy functions, but the two versions (unified and disjoint) generally shouldn't be used together (theoretically they won't conflict, but there's just no reason to have both since they do the same thing).

Blackthorne

-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Stromvin

Not that im a big fan of achievements, but yeah i just love GOG
so thumps up from me ;)
<iframe src="https://itch.io/embed/42168?linkback=true" width="552" height="167" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Dave Gilbert

Oh. YES. My contact at GoG will be quite happy. :)

monkey0506

Just a head's up on the plugin binaries I've provided... The Windows DLLs were built with Visual Studio 2015, which means that you (and anyone playing your game) must have the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed. This is a one-time installation that will become more common, but may not (as yet) be a "common" installation. I have been trying to better assess whether I need to downgrade the project files and rebuild with an earlier version of Visual Studio (if you know or have advice what the "best practice" here should be, please let me know!).

Dave Gilbert

So what happens if the user doesn't have that installed? Do the achievements just not work, or does the player get an error/crash? If the achievements don't work that's not the end of the world, but if it breaks the game then that is problematic.

Do more modern computers come with that installed already? If so, just how common is it (computers within the last 5 years? 10?) Needing GOG users to download and install another piece of software is a lot to ask of them, so if you could rebuild it with an earlier version that would probably be for the best.

monkey0506

It's really kind of a crap-shoot as to whether the user has any given C++ runtime installed, but I could say at least that the 2008 runtime is very common and required to run the engine, so that's probably a safe bet. There appears to be a "universal" runtime that can be distributed as an additional DLL file, though I'm not clear on exactly how that works... I'd rather use that option than revert to an older Visual Studio, but 2008 is a good fallback plan. I'll look into these options and update the plugin builds soon.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: monkey0506 on Sat 16/01/2016 15:42:08
It's really kind of a crap-shoot as to whether the user has any given C++ runtime installed, but I could say at least that the 2008 runtime is very common and required to run the engine
I know this is 6 months old, but still want to clarify just in case: AGS engine does NOT require VC Redist, because it has VC libs statically linked. This is why you don't usually need anything extra installed to run the games.

vga256

Just to let everyone know - GOG changed its Galaxy API this year, which breaks compatibility with AGSGalaxy. I've rewritten the client so it works again, as well as added GOG Overlay support. I'm happy to send in a PR if you're still looking after this repo, @Monkey0506.

Edit: Updated source for the plugin here. No binaries available.

Dualnames

Sorry for the small necropost.

Has anyone managed to get achievements running with GOG GALAXY on OSX [MAC]?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

vga256

rongel

Sorry for bumping this old thread up, but need a little help with the GOG Galaxy plugin. I copied the agsgalaxy.dll and Galaxy.dll to AGS editor folder and installed the plugin in the editor. I have the achievements setup in the Galaxy developer portal (they are identical with my Steam achievements).

Everything should be in order (from what I understand) but for some reason, the achievements won't appear when played through GOG Galaxy.

I was wondering if this is still the case and the AGSGalaxy is out-dated:

Quote from: vga256 on Thu 13/08/2020 20:28:19Just to let everyone know - GOG changed its Galaxy API this year, which breaks compatibility with AGSGalaxy. I've rewritten the client so it works again, as well as added GOG Overlay support. I'm happy to send in a PR if you're still looking after this repo, @Monkey0506.

Edit: Updated source for the plugin here. No binaries available.

If so, is there an update somewhere (if I understood, the link here is only for the source code)? Thanks for any assistance, this stuff is new to me!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

rongel

Ok, all seems to be fine with the plugin, looks like it was my doing. I added this in the game start:

Code: ags
AGS2Client.Initialize("clientID", "clientSecret");

And now the achievements seem to unlock as desired. So all is well now. Hope this helps someone!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Radiant

I'd like to ask for advice on the same topic, i.e. achievements on GOG. If I understand correctly, the most recent build of AGS2Client (GitHub link) does not include the Initialize() function, so I need to download the source code (Bitbucket link) and build it myself, and only then will it support Galaxy achievements?

(edit) Never mind, I figured it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk