Treasure Island

Started by arj0n, Sun 10/01/2016 18:28:32

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

TREASURE ISLAND

STORY:

"Greetings, mate, and welcome to treasure Island! You are Jim Hawkins, hero of this tale. You'll venture to recover the buried treasure of the infamous pirate Captain Flint.
You will need the treasure map; but beware--Captain Flint's crew is also searching for it. These bloodthirsty pirates are treacherous. They love only treasure and rum, and will stop at nothing to get them.
You will have help on your adventure. The wealthy Squire, the wise Doctor, and the courageous Captain are all honest men who will aid you as much as they can.
But beware the crafty Long John Silver and the strange maroon Ben Gunn. You will encounter them in your journey to the exotic West Indies, where Flint buried his treasure.
This is the adventure of a lifetime, filled with danger and excitement. Good luck, mate!"

ABOUT THE GAME:

• Interactive Fiction Adventure with Graphics (aka text adventure with graphics)
  • Remake (slightly enhanced) of the original version by Windham Classics corp. (1985)
  • Second-person perspective
  • 320 x 200 resolution
  • 4-colour CGA palette (Cyan, Dark Magenta, Black and Gray)
  • Point 'n Click system instead of the text parser
  • 84 playable rooms
  • Full-length game
  • Freeware

• Scripting: 98%
  • Graphics: 98%
  • Animations: 95%
  • Puzzles: 95%
  • Project status: Beta

SCREENSHOTS:

[/font]

Peder 🚀

This looks awesome arj0n! Reminds me a bit of the Monkey Island game Chicky was making (art wise).
Is this a freeware or will we get the enjoyment of paying you to play this? :D :D

[edit]
ops, just realised this is a remake so I should probably assume it's freeware :D. Never heard of the original game so :P. looks sweet either way ^^

arj0n

Haha, thanx Peder. ;)
Added the freeware info bullet.

Ibispi

Looks cool, keep up the good work, Arj0n! :)

AnasAbdin

arj0n! I.. I'm.. I.. Speechless! (laugh)
you can't just open a thread with something awesome like this and then tell us it's nearly complete! Have some mercy dude 8-0

arj0n

Quote from: Ibispi on Sun 10/01/2016 18:43:21
Looks cool, keep up the good work, Arj0n! :)
Thank you, Mr. APD2BIH :)

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 10/01/2016 19:15:20
you can't just open a thread with something awesome like this and then tell us it's nearly complete! Have some mercy dude 8-0
I'm so, so, so sorry! :-D

arj0n

Quote from: Peder on Sun 10/01/2016 18:35:47
ops, just realised this is a remake so I should probably assume it's freeware :D. Never heard of the original game so :P. looks sweet either way ^^
I guess not many people know or played the original version since that one's over 30 years old... ;)
I used to play it back in the 80's and always wanted to remake it, point 'n click style but still as retro as possible, so I did.

MiteWiseacreLives!

;-D I Love Treasure Island!!!!!
Was always my favorite book! Read it a bunch of times as a young guy.. Then tried to read it to my son at 5-6yrs, I forced him... (I like to think he secretly liked it (nod) )

Mandle

OMG....I totally played this game! I don't think I could finish it though. I either played it at a local library on limited time, or I rented the game for a week. Either way, I ran out of time. You may be saving my inner-completionist! AND the game looks beautiful!

[delete}

A text-heavy, compass rose-driven fiction around R.L. Stevenson's lovely book? Sir, game of the year!
(If anyhow possible, please include an additional option to choose those four RGB values by myself :-* )

Rocchinator

Wow this is such a beautiful and impressive oldstyle game nostalgia. Loving it ! Keep it up.

arj0n

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 10/01/2016 21:43:58
;-D I Love Treasure Island!!!!!
Was always my favorite book! Read it a bunch of times as a young guy.. Then tried to read it to my son at 5-6yrs, I forced him... (I like to think he secretly liked it (nod) )

Thanx! If only I had made this (years?) earlier, then you could have played it together instead of reading him the book (nod)

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 10/01/2016 22:20:34
OMG....I totally played this game! I don't think I could finish it though. I either played it at a local library on limited time, or I rented the game for a week. Either way, I ran out of time. You may be saving my inner-completionist! AND the game looks beautiful!

Thank you! Once released, you finally can finished it without running out of time (laugh)

Quote from: Amélie on Mon 11/01/2016 03:25:05
A text-heavy, compass rose-driven fiction around Stevenson's lovely book? Sir, game of the year!
(If anyhow possible, please include an additional option to choose those four RGB values by myself :-* )

Thanx for the compliment! ;-D
And sorry: although a cool idea and probably not impossible, I can't include such option.
That would require too much extra work, having it so close to be finished.

Quote from: Rocchinator on Tue 12/01/2016 19:24:41
Wow this is such a beautiful and impressive oldstyle game nostalgia. Loving it ! Keep it up.

Thankies, Retro never dies 8-)
You're doing a great job on I'm Not Here btw!

Rocchinator

ThreeOhFour

This looks so cool Arjon!

SilverSpook

Nice colors you have going on there :)

arj0n

Thank you Ben! Nice job btw on the Charnel House.

Thanx Silverspook :)

NickyNyce

Best of luck with this arj0n. It looks like it will flash me back to the good old days of adventuring.

Mandle

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 14/01/2016 22:37:07
Best of luck with this arj0n. It looks like it will flash me back to the good old days of adventuring.

I'm one of the testers on the project and, I assure you, it does indeed do what you say. I had a quick look at the latest build just now and for a while I was twelve years old again and sitting in my jammies in front of my Commodore 64 with a cup of hot milo close at hand. Wonderful!

arj0n

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 14/01/2016 22:37:07
Thank you, NickyNyce. It should flash you back about 30+ years in time ;)

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 14/01/2016 22:50:23
...and for a while I was twelve years old again and sitting in my jammies in front of my Commodore 64 with a cup of hot milo close at hand. Wonderful!
Ah, so the flashing back does work :-D

Mandle

Quote from: arj0n on Fri 15/01/2016 04:09:36
Ah, so the flashing back does work :-D

Dude, you had me at: "The road continues to the southwest and returns to the northeast."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk