Direct 3D and Windows 10 issue

Started by sai_deschain, Thu 28/01/2016 15:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

sai_deschain

Hi, I'm not a dev or anything like that but I've encountered an issue when trying to run games made on the AGS engine on Windows 10 (I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I searched the forum and didn't see anything similar to my issue so I'm posting this)

When I try to run any game made in the AGS engine I get a black screen. The game runs in the sense that I recognize the menu music but I see nothing but black, checking the setup files it shows that the game is in the Direct3D option but it doesn't matter if I change resolutions or anything, it still shows a black screen. However, playing on DirectDraw fixes it but with the downside that if I'm playing a game through Steam I can't take screenshots because the Steam Overlay doesn't work at all with DirectDraw so I kinda prefer using Direct3D

Would any of you have any idea how to solve this? It's been driving me mad for days. Thanks in advance

Crimson Wizard

I have a guess that the game color depth is not supported by newer Direct3D drivers, if game is 16-bit.
Did you try running the game in windowed mode?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk