Setting Sierra Portrait Location In Game?

Started by SilverSpook, Thu 17/03/2016 07:14:03

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Is there a way to change the portrait location of Sierra-style portraits in-game?  For example, if the game at the start is set to show Sierra portraits "Based On Character Position" would it be possible to force the portraits to appear on the left side of the screen for a certain dialog?

Thanks

Cassiebsg

Don't know if it's possible, but you could probably "fake" it, by using a dummy character for the speech without portrait animation and then just animate the portrait view you want where you want it... food for thought? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

The way I've done it so far is to make an invisible clone of the character, and then position the invisible clone all the way to the left of the screen to make sure the portrait shows up on the left side of the screen.  This works with "Portraits based on character position" setting anyway.  Mainly the issue is there are a few times where a portraits takes up screen real estate that needs to be seen while the char is talking (object they're talking about, other char, etc.)

Gurok

You can control the portrait position setting in-game using the OPT_PORTRAITPOSITION game option:

Code: ags
SetGameOption(OPT_PORTRAITPOSITION, 0); // Portraits on the left
SetGameOption(OPT_PORTRAITPOSITION, 1); // Portraits on the right
SetGameOption(OPT_PORTRAITPOSITION, 3); // Portraits based on character position
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SilverSpook

You win at AGS, my friend!  Thanks so much I would've never found that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk