WEG now offering voiceover casting/directing/recording for your game

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 28/03/2016 21:58:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. The old "offer your services" thread seems to be locked. Moderators, feel free to move it to the proper place.

So let's cut to the chase. As most of you know, we've produced 15 games and all of them have full voiceover. I've progressed from the method of "casting various friends of mine and recording on a cheap headset mic in my bedroom" to "using a casting director and recording in a swank audio booth studio in Midtown Manhattan."

Recently I was asked to help cast and record the voiceover for Kathy Rain - a game that neither me nor my company had any hand in producing. I enjoyed the process a *lot* and thought I could offer the services to others while I'm between projects. I'm not a pro audio director by any means, but I *have* been doing it for over ten years. We've improved the process in which we cast, direct and record the voiceover with every game we are involved with. At this point, I think we're pretty good at it.

Here are some of the benefits to working with us:

- We're in New York. No shortage of actors here.
- Since all the actors are local, they all will record from the same microphone. This will keep all the audio levels consistent across all your characters.
- A quick and efficient process for auditions and callbacks. You'll have your entire game cast and ready to go within weeks.
- 10+ years and 16 projects worth of experience directing voiceover for adventure games
- We've worked with a lot of actors and are well aware of who would work well for your project (or who wouldn't).
- Reasonable rates! We won't work for free, but we're less expensive than most alternatives.

So if you are looking to voice your game and are not sure where to begin, drop us a line: dave@wadjeteyegames.com

Mandle

Quote from: Dave Gilbert
they all will record from the same microphone.

I see through your insidious plan to take the WEGS virus global via the transmission device of that lone spittle-laden microphone!

And what better place to start than:

Quote from: Dave Gilbert
- We're in New York. No shortage of actors here.

Everyone's got WEGS!...WEGS WEGS WEGS!!!

Best of luck spreading WEGS in all honesty...The world needs a pandemic of your sort!

CaptainD

This is definitely something that I might be interested in at some point in the future.  Thanks for letting us know!

SilverSpook

Fantastic!  I haven't made any final decisions on the audio end of my project so I might consider this.

Could I ask the price range, approximate time frame it would take from casting to completion for, say, a game of approximately Primordia's length?

Dave Gilbert

A game of Primordia's length would probably cost around $5k-10k and take about two months. The only way to guesstimate would be to know how many characters there are, what specific casting needs you have, and how long the game is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk