The Man From Fugue State

Started by Michael2968, Sat 30/04/2016 18:05:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2968

I am at the point in the game where I am trying to figure out how to find
Spoiler
the grave that the grave robber dug up that had the gem in the skeletons eye. I have read the walkthrough but I still can't figure it out.
[close]
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Michael

Haggis

QuoteI am at the point in the game where I am trying to figure out how to find
Spoiler
Spoiler
the grave that the grave robber dug up that had the gem in the skeletons eye. I have read the walkthrough but I still can't figure it out.
[close]
I would appreciate any help.
[close]

Help below:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Do you have the diary? If not, then you need to find this first (what else does the grave robber have to say?). If you do have the diary then read it - once you've read it, look at the graveyard plot map and follow the directions to find the grave. You can brute force this by looking at every grave BUT you must have looked at the diary first before looking at the grave to progress this (it provides the link). Once you know the grave plot number you'll need to find someone who might know who was buried there.
[close]
[close]

Michael2968

Thanks for your help. I am on to the next chapter. :-D

Michael

Shadow1000

Quote from: Haggis on Sat 30/04/2016 18:12:15

Help below:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Do you have the diary? If not, then you need to find this first (what else does the grave robber have to say?). If you do have the diary then read it - once you've read it, look at the graveyard plot map and follow the directions to find the grave. You can brute force this by looking at every grave BUT you must have looked at the diary first before looking at the grave to progress this (it provides the link). Once you know the grave plot number you'll need to find someone who might know who was buried there.
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
WHERE on the cemetery map is the guide? Those arrows on the bottom right seem to be the closest thing to the guide but there's no way to match that up with the actual cemetery. I tried by starting at the arrow on the bottom left but it really doesn't correspond. I found the grave I'm looking for by clicking around but I still have no idea what was intended.
[close]

SHADOW

Haggis

SHADOW

Spoiler
Spoiler
Yes, the guide/directions are the arrows on the bottom right of the map - they're supposed to correspond to the graveyard path starting from the red arrow on the left which represents the entrance to the graveyard. So (from memory), entering at the red arrow, at the first junction take a left, then at the next take a right, then at the next a left, then head across the courtyard in the middle (possibly confusing), then take a right, then a left, then right, then a right. This probably is one of the weaker puzzles, I might need to think about altering it slightly in a patch - it can be brute forced but that's not necessarily a good thing.
[close]
[close]

tsa

How did you people get past the first screen?
Spoiler
I'm in the railway carriage. How do I get the crate open? I have coins and a 'Wanted' poster.
[close]

Edit: Never mind, I found it! I don't seem to be able to delete this post. Sorry!

sthomannch

tsa
Spoiler

wait with the crate
[close]
to continue
Spoiler

click on the open door, a bit above the middle, our hero should leave the carriage now.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk