The Epsilon Outcome

Started by academiken, Mon 09/05/2016 21:07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

academiken

I'm pleased to announce the finished first rendition of my latest project, "The Epsilon Outcome". The game is a commercial effort using AGS, and the lengthy demo is available for downloading here. Enjoy, and thanks for your interest and support. Get the demo at The Epsilon Outcome AGS page.

How odd...
There's amnesia, extraterrestrial activity, strange men in gray hazmat suits, and disappearances. You don't know how you've arrived or where you came from.

Surrounded by a strange forest, you come across a large, peculiar metal cylinder in the middle of a murky marsh. It has slimy, rusty ladder rungs along one side. You don't know why it looks slightly familiar, but somehow you are sure that you need to find a way to get across the marsh and investigate what's down below. As you discover old crusty machines, tunnel entrances, a radio shack, and a handful of strangers, you begin to suspect that something has been amuck for a long time that's bigger than anyone can guess.

Features:

*8-bit, hand-drawn graphics and animations. Over 375 drawings went into the game.
    *Original soundtrack
    *Original sound effects
    *Unique point and click interface. (But, does "unique" mean "novel and cool", or does it mean "bad and cumbersome"?)
    *Saved games in the demo will load in the full version.
For more information, visit the website http://epsilon.academiken.com

Gribbler

Congratulations on the release!

academiken

Gribbler, thanks! It's been quite a time to get from the beginning to the end.

CaptainD

Grats on the release! ;-D  Looks interesting.

Is "amuck" a real word? :P

Stupot

It looks great :-)
Nice job. Can't wait to play

Gribbler

Quote from: academikenGribbler, thanks! It's been quite a time to get from the beginning to the end.

Believe me I know what you mean. It took me 6 years to finish my game.

AnasAbdin

Congrats on the release ;-D
Looking great. I will give it a whirl soon 8-)

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 10/05/2016 14:51:59
Quote from: academikenGribbler, thanks! It's been quite a time to get from the beginning to the end.

Believe me I know what you mean. It took me 6 years to finish my game.

you guys can apply to slasher's school of fast AGSing (laugh)

Gribbler

Quote from: AnasAbdinyou guys can apply to slasher's school of fast AGSing (laugh)

Haha, true. I'm beginning to believe slasher is a software company, not one person. He's releasing one game after the other. :)

Haggis

Love the art style, reminds me of puzzle books I use to read when I was younger. Also, I do like a good amnesiac hero :-D!

Look forward to the finished game.

academiken

Thanks, all, for your congratulations.

Quote from: Haggis on Tue 10/05/2016 23:48:46
Love the art style, reminds me of puzzle books I use to read when I was younger. Also, I do like a good amnesiac hero :-D!

An amnesiac hero is a strong indication that the author didn't have any better idea for his character. :-D

Two Tales

Looks intriguing. I like the art. I'll give the demo a go as soon as I have the time.

academiken

Two Tales, thanks! I realize time doesn't grow on trees, so I appreciate time that is made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk