Daz 4

Started by Slasher, Thu 12/05/2016 11:45:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi

does anyone here use or has used Daz 4?

i have downloaded it and then decided to ask if anyone has found it really useful and may have some tips.

cheers

LimpingFish

I have used Daz Studio, and a lot of Daz products, in the past. It's pretty easy to use, and the results can be impressive. It's not a modelling solution though, as at its heart it's little more than a renderer for Daz's own library of pre-made models.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

I used it a few times. But then Danny Baker kept knocking at the door demanding to see my whites, so I switched to Persil instead.

Slasher

QuoteBut then Danny Baker kept knocking at the door demanding to see my whites, so I switched to Persil instead.
Leave my mate Danny out of this (laugh)

i actually downloaded Blender which is rather what i was looking for...

selmiak

blender is indeed a fine piece of software. But very very complicated/overwhelming... :)

Slasher

Quoteblender is indeed a fine piece of software. But very very complicated/overwhelming.
I'v been watching the video tutorials... step at a time... will take some time to fully grab all the basics... but he who dares... ;)

Darth Mandarb

Blender is incredible!

The interface has a VERY steep learning curve but once you get comfortable with that you can really start experimenting and having fun with it.

There's a really kick-ass Blender Tutorial course on uDemy that I took (backed it on Kickstarter) that was a life-saver.

It starts off with the very basics and goes up to some pretty advanced stuff (character rigging, animation, particles, etc).

It's 40$ normally but if you wait a bit uDemy always has 10$ sales and it is usually a part of that sale.

Slasher

Blender Tutorial course on uDemy looks great.

Thanks Darth (nod)

Darth Mandarb

You bet!

I did a lot of 3D way back in the day (seriously, like 15-20 years ago) but then I went through my pixel-art phase.

I got back into 3D last year and I am in love w/ Blender. Compared to what I used all those years ago it's just amazing how far the technology has come (and somehow it's FREE!).

I am far from an expert yet but I'm happy to lend some advice if you get stuck w/ the interface (Cycles/Nodes are still a bit of a challenge for me but I'm getting it). That uDemy course will REALLY help!

I look forward to seeing your next game(s) in the GiP using Blender (nod)

Mandle

Blender is an incredible thing!

Here's the example of what it can do in the hands of a talented and dedicated artist that got me using it years ago, and I'm sure it has progressed since then:

I'm sure many have seen this before, but just in case, and also just in case they were not aware it was created 100% with Blender:

BIG BUCK BUNNY

Danvzare

I've definitely heard of that animation before, but I've never watched until now. So thanks for the link. :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk