I can't seem to be able to pick a custom resolution for the game

Started by inkyserifs, Sun 07/08/2016 08:55:05

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyserifs

Hi there!

I'm running the newest version of ags, and I've been trying to figure out how to set my game to run at 1080p. I looked through the manual and tried googling around, but there doesn't seem to be any info on it that I could find. In the drop down menu I get nothing but the standard resolutions, and it won't let me set a custom one. Is this some kind of weird bug I'm dealing with, or am I just sleep deprived? I feel like I've looked everywhere for answers.

Any help is appreciated,
Inky

(running version 3.3.5.7)

Cassiebsg

Hi and welcome. (nod)

Okay, to answer your question first, you need the Beta version, that is version 3.4.0.9 (or are we at 10 now?).

And now 2 comments:
- when making a new post make sure your topic reflects your question, so others can know what your problem is just by reading the topic.
- Please rememberer to post what version of AGS your are using when asking a question.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

inkyserifs

Ooooh, my apologies. X)

I think the problem then is that I'm on a non-beta version, number 3.3.5.7 I think. So I imagine changing to the version you specified will solve this issue for me? :)

... this is odd, I feel like I may have accidentally downgraded versions at some point or something? X') I just downloaded the latest release on the main site, but that seems to be the lower version. XD Now to hunt for the beta.

Cassiebsg

Yes, the only version that allows custom resolution is 3.4.0.x ;)

You can grab it here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53665.0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

inkyserifs

Thank you XD lol I would not have found that on my own.

Crimson Wizard

Yes, sorry about that, we have this issue that upcoming beta version is not mentioned on homepage. I am currently discussing this with site admins, asking them to let me post download links to beta versions there too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk