Primordia & Resonance launch / start-up error.

Started by cericle, Thu 08/09/2016 06:17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

cericle

Greetings! :)

I didn't find anything useful at gog.com forums, and the error message does explicitly state
to come to these forums and check. Here is a pic:

Now for additional info:
I'm using Windows 10, on an Intel i5-5200U 2.20GHz laptop.
I installed properly into C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Primordia
This error message came up immediately upon first launching the application.
I also bought Resonance (from Good Old Games as well) and have the exact same issue.

Please help! I've heard such good things about these two titles,
and i'm really looking forward to playing them.

Thanks in advance!

Mandle

Open the winsetup file in the game folder and change the graphics filter to something like Max Fit or None or whatever works best for you when you run the game, and then click on "save and run game"

Or, you could just select to run the game in a window instead of fullscreen...

Snarky

You've done the right thing coming to this forum for help.
Mandle's advice will hopefully help you resolve your problem. As for this:

Quote from: cericle on Thu 08/09/2016 06:17:57
[image]C:\Users\sash\Desktop\primordia load error.jpg[/image]

Truth is, I'm a really n00b operator. I just like raster graphics, and some quality games.
You see, i can't even get my image to display in this post! ???

Couple of things. You can't just link to an image on your computer, because those files aren't accessible to other people on the Internet. (Which is good, right? Otherwise anyone could see all your files.) You'll have to upload it to the Internet. There are a few different ways to do that. One is to use an image hosting site. Postimage is a good one. Another way is to use some kind of cloud storage, like Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive. If you have one of these systems and store a file in their folders on your computer, you can just right-click on it and get an Internet link.

Also, the code for making an image link on these forums is [img], not [image].

Good luck! Resonance and Primordia are both good games. There are a lot of others, many of them free, that you can download here from the AGS site.

cericle

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 08/09/2016 07:47:45
Mandle offered useful help.

Okay, thanks Mandle. Never knew, nor done it before.

Let's see.

Alright, so checked the available combinations. It seems that I can't run 3x or 4x
the original pixel dimensions. Anyhow, this is what worked best for me:

Last but not least, thank-you Snarky for your suggestions, they were duly noted and remedied!

Much appreciated! I would've thought that the application would just auto-detect the best possible settings.
Plus, I didn't know of this winsetup before.

Nevertheless, this fixed the start-up load issue for both games. Cheers guys! :-D

Snarky

Glad you got it working! Still not seeing any of your images, I'm afraid. They're all showing up as broken links. You didn't happen to move or delete them from your computer, did you? With Dropbox, the file is only there as long as you keep it stored.

cericle

Hmm, that's strange. They appear for me. I did use dropbox, but their service has failed me in the past. Perhaps I'll try the one you mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the heads up!

p.s: Okay, so uploaded via Postimage. Hope the image links are now solid.

Crimson Wizard

Just a note, this was an issue in previous versions of AGS that it did not try to set up compatible screen automatically. Newer versions of engine should do that, even if players occasionally choose settings that do not work on their system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk