Ratings panel on the go...

Started by Slasher, Wed 21/09/2016 15:04:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

I see the 'Two-Cup' ratings panel are on the go  (nod)
Someone must have slipped something into their coffee's (laugh)

Retro Wolf

I kind of like the AGS panel's strictness. :)

WHAM

Yaay! Ratings!

Sadly very few comments (none for me), but I guess the panel members have their hands full. Glad to see them so active, anyway. :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Riaise

Yay! Thank you so much to the panel for the rating. I'm so pleased with that, it really means a lot! :-D

Mandle

Could someone from the ratings panel please rate "Adventure Island" at some point?

It is one of the best crafted and most amazing AGS games of all time, and yet it sits in ratings limbo...

I realise that the irony of the ratings system is that somebody on the panel must actually play through the game, and thus the simpler and shorter games get rated quicker and huge and complex games that took the creator many years to make and take many days to play are a pain to rate...

But yeah...at some point perhaps?

Adventure Island!!!

LimpingFish

Glad to see the panel's work is appreciated. :)

I know we haven't been very consistent lately, but I hoping we can make a dent in our backlog over the coming months.

To address some points raised:

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 23/09/2016 09:49:01
Sadly very few comments...

The lack of comments, for me personally, is really down to a careful balancing act, between truth and diplomacy, that panelists have to be mindful of. That is to say, in commenting on a game that a panelist found to be an average experience, it's quite difficult to write a critical comment without acknowledging the risk of upsetting the developer, or, if trying to be diplomatic, writing a faux-positive comment that ends up being of no use to anyone. It's easier, of course, to comment on an above-average game, but limiting comments to games we actually enjoy playing seems a little dishonest. Again, this is my own personal take on it, and other panel members may have their own opinions on commenting.

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 23/09/2016 15:14:08
Could someone from the ratings panel please rate "Adventure Island" at some point?

Alas, you are correct in your assumption. The games we choose to play for the express purpose of rating may not be games we actively want to play, though I mean that in the nicest way possible. More often that not, it just makes more sense to rate half a dozen short games than a single long game. That's not to say that we specifically avoid these games, or that these games will never get rated, but, usually, when a longer game does receive a rating, it's because a certain panelist was playing that game on their own time, as it were, resulting in a two birds/one stone situation.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Cassiebsg

Thanks, finnally got Minifeg rated! And am very happy with it. True, a comment would have been nice, specialy since I may at one point revise and complete it, so knowing the down sides and what could make it a cup better would be nice.

But I do realize that writing reviews is hard, and I'm very happy with both rattings of my games. :-)

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk