Can you suggest some free AGS mystery/dark toned adventure games for me to try?

Started by KyriakosCH, Sat 24/09/2016 12:37:21

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

I already have played a couple (Sisyphus Reborn and A date in the Park), and saw walkthroughts of others (non-free i think) such as Downfall, The Cat Lady and Fran Bow (along with some of the x days a stranger/sceptic etc series) :)

Very interested in trying more. Horror would be best for me, but any kind of mystery/dark tone will do. Just not comedy :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

luisdementia

I enjoyed The Charnel House Trilogy. It's a bit weird and some say it's boring, but I really liked it. I loved the dialogue, and the mystery behind the story. I need a sequel to this game right now!

Mandle

The obvious answer is:

The Ben Jordan series!!!

Then:

The Trilby series!!!

Also:

Donna: Avenger Of Blood (This is in my top ten overall best AGS games...not just horror-themed top ten...And if you want a dark and gritty game: This is probably actually your best bet...)

Crimson Wizard

Many of those AGS games I knew are noted already.
Additionally I can remember:

Emily Enough (a game about girl maniac), although I'd say it IS a (dark) comedy, but that may be subjective opinion;
How They Found Silence,
A Night to Remember
Shades Of Greye (adventure/arcade)

Mind's Eye -- is not really horror, but is pretty dark toned.
All pigs must burn in hell (I hope I remember the title right)
All the way down

Actually, Gemini Rue is a mystery/thriller game with a pretty moody atmosphere (oh wait, it is commercial);
Prodigal.

I will add more if I remember.

EDIT:
Armaggeddon Margaret: a short retro-sci-fi horror game.

Babar

Far from my favourite genre, but the following games fit your requirement very well, and are all very good:
Not played it, but it certainly gives off that vibe: McCarthy Chronicles
The Trilby Series/Chzo Mythos (the way you listed it made it seem you possibly thought they were non-free?)
Pleurghburg: Dark Ages
Camp 1
The 1213 games
The Vacuum

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Myshkin

If you want dark mystery I think The Cat Lady is probably my favourite - but for free games I'm pretty sure there's still a free version of Downfall (not sure if you mean you watched a walkthrough of the entire thing, in which case you may not want to play it!)

KyriakosCH

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I already dled a couple, and had a look at others in youtube 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk