Red Dwarf characters (free 3D)

Started by Tobop, Sun 09/10/2016 07:51:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobop

Hi everyone!

I've been looking for a good place to put this - I've made rough 3D versions of the 5 main characters. With a rig & animations. This isn't a game - just file assets which can be imported into UDK & Unity. More information in the link below.
I was going to post this in an old thread, but 2010 - hmm. If I have posted in the wrong area, I apologize.

5mb - details here:
https://tobop.itch.io/red-dwarf-characters

;-D

Danvzare

I'm guessing from left to right, it's supposed to be Kristine Kochanski, Cat, Lister, Kryten, and Rimmer.
But the first one looks more like the female version of Lister from the episode "Parallel Universe", and the second one from the right looks more like a ITV News reporter. Cat dresses way more fancy than that.
Lister's nose looks a little flat as well.

Kryten and Rimmer on the other hand, look absolutely awesome. And those Bazookoids look great.

It's a shame you aren't going to use these for a game. I love Red Dwarf. :-D

Tobop

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 09/10/2016 11:12:55
I'm guessing from left to right, it's supposed to be Kristine Kochanski, Cat, Lister, Kryten, and Rimmer.
But the first one looks more like the female version of Lister from the episode "Parallel Universe", and the second one from the right looks more like a ITV News reporter. Cat dresses way more fancy than that.
Lister's nose looks a little flat as well.

Kryten and Rimmer on the other hand, look absolutely awesome. And those Bazookoids look great.

It's a shame you aren't going to use these for a game. I love Red Dwarf. :-D

Hey thanks! Yeh I'm not the best at creating females at the moment. Keep in mind - those were only a few days work. They certainly need a bit of modifying, and every character especially cat will need more textures & addons. But someone can use them for a game, it's possible. I'm not a programmer though. I can only do really basic stuff.

CaptainD

Only going by the screenshot but Kryten's and Rimmer's heads look a little too small for the bodies, though the faces themselves look pretty good (Kryten also looks much more like the first version we encounter in the Season Two finale rather than the one we have come to know and love).  Cat looks good and I'm sure he'd approve of the snazzy suit! :-D

Thanks for sharing these.

m0ds

Nice stuff! Well done, they look good! I might drop these in my Unity game as an easter egg lol. Is that Starbug available somewhere too?

OT but I enjoyed the recent series. And its cool that they quoted Phil Reed's site in some promo material :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk