Additional interaction modes (Taste, Smell etc)

Started by DJ_Gora, Fri 30/12/2016 13:36:54

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Gora

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
I'm a novice with AGS, and I'm currently working on a game project idea that I hope to announce in 2017, with one big element of it being interaction with the world for 'witty' dialogue and a better sense of immersion.
A few functions I'd like are the ability to have taste and smell as a mouse mode to interact with hotspots/objects/NPCs, similar to how you could in the earlier Space Quest games and Leisure Suit Larry.
I've tried searching on Google and the AGS forums for a way to script this but I'm either using the wrong search criteria or there isn't a topic about it yet.
Would anyone know how I could create these interaction modes?

Thank you.
-DJ Gora
You crack me up, little buddy.

Slasher

You can create any new mouse mode function like smell, taste etc I have done this myself.

In the Tree in the editor on the right go to Mouse Cursors. Right Click and select New Cursor. In the new mouse cursor properties give it a name and an image and select 'True' to use mouse cursor as Standard Mode. The new Mode goes into properties of Hotspots and Objects along with uses like Interact, Lookat etc etc..  It also appears when you cycle through the modes with the mouse.

Hope this helps...

DJ_Gora

Ah, it's simpiler than I thought, I thought it'd be more complicated than that.
That's helped a lot, thanks!
You crack me up, little buddy.

Khris

There are two built-in additional modes called Usermode1 and Usermode2. They have their own events. You can rename them and the event description will change accordingly (like "Smell hotspot"), as slasher described.

However if you need even more cursor actions, you have to use the "Any click on" event:
Code: ags
function hStatue_AnyClick() {
  if (mouse.Mode == eModeEmbiggen) {
  }
}

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk