Low camera angles in adventure game scenery - and now high camera angles too!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sun 29/01/2017 11:32:37

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Hello! I'm still blogging away about art in adventure games - this time, looking at camera angles. I'll be writing about high camera angles soon, so stay tuned for that too! :cheesy:

Update: now I've looked at high camera angles too! :D

Babar

Lots of interesting stuff, as always, thanks! Seems a lot of being an artist involves keeping an eye out for stuff like this.

But keeping that in mind, perhaps we're looking at this differently, but I could totally imagine a full screen-height character in this image, I'm not getting a sense of the looming, huge, intimidating room. Is that because of some other factor that they did not include?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Mandle

As always, a very interesting read...

Thanks mate and keep us updated on the blog please!

ThreeOhFour

Maybe it's more apparent with a character in place (I kept him out because it shows off the room better with a wide shot)?

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/iRQ0O8Y.png[/imgzoom]

Ultimately, though, it's the strong perspective which shows us those windows looming above in an arch that gives the sense of scale. Compare how big those foreground windows are to little Boston. Ultimately it's probably less convincing than some of the other examples, but it's definitely one I wanted to talk about!

Thanks Mandle, will do! :D

Edit: updated first post with high camera angles link, too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk