Mouse acceleration?

Started by Radiant, Sat 11/02/2017 12:24:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

A player reports on Windows 10 x64 that AGS has mouse acceleration: the cursor moves at a different rate depending on if I'm going slow or quicker and it results in me misclicking sometimes. As soon as I bring up the Steam overlay, my mouse goes back to working as normal (same for if I quit). Is there any way to turn it off? He's using a Logitech mouse but not the Setpoint tool (which is a known problem with AGS). The Logitech Gaming Software app is running, but I've tried exiting that and it didn't have any effect on the cursor.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of issue? Thanks!

Vincent

I am not familiar with this kind of issue but I know that Ags 3.3.5 in winsetup you can change the mouse speed.
I am not sure anyway if somehow it could fix this issue at the moment.

Crimson Wizard

What is the version of AGS the game was built with?

Radiant

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 11/02/2017 14:02:13
What is the version of AGS the game was built with?

3.3.0.1162. The game is Heroine's Quest, and most players don't have this problem.

Crimson Wizard

3.3.0 did not have mouse accelearion fixed in the engine yet. It was fixed in 3.3.5.

Supposedly you should be able to put allegro.cfg in the program folder with following content:
[mouse]
mouse_accel_factor=0

But that did not work for me, and I do not know why. Nevermind, that worked.

You won't be able to change mouse speed though, so mouse movement may become slower than before.

Radiant

Thanks, that did the trick. I'll be sure to include that cfg in future releases.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk