[Solved][BASS Temp] Go auto. to Objects, Hotspots, etc. with left mouse

Started by AmazingTash, Sun 12/02/2017 11:47:21

Previous topic - Next topic

AmazingTash

Dear community,

first, i'm sorry for my grammar. I really try my best. Seriously :-D

I switched a few weeks ago from Visionaire to ags and i'm really excited about it!
For this moment i am a "silent reader" in this Forum and could solve my Problems this way. So far...
For your sorrow, my programming skills are not that high. I read the Scripting Tutorials and
I understand the very low Basics, so i hope I can implement the solution approaches with your help, folks

tl;dr
I used the BASS template from version 3.4 of ags. Now i want that the character goes automatically to hotspots, objects, etc when the player pressed the left mouse.
the right is for looking, so i want that the character don't move.
The same as in the BASS "sequel" Broken Sword/Baphomets Fluch.

thank you, in advanced.

Buckethead

I could be wrong but, isn't that exactly what the LW_BASS template does already? Could you explain more what it is that isn't working for you?

AmazingTash

Oi Buckedhead!
Thats strange. When i open and play the "LW_BASS" Template in AGS 3.4, the player doesn't automatically walk to the objects or hotspots when i do a left mouseclick on it.
Not even with "automatically walk to hotspots in lookmode" activated.

Danvzare

Quote from: Buckethead on Sun 12/02/2017 13:23:40
I could be wrong but, isn't that exactly what the LW_BASS template does already? Could you explain more what it is that isn't working for you?
I think he's wanting the character to walk when he left clicks on something.

Basically, add player.Walk(x, y, eBlock); at the beginning of your code for the interaction of any hotspot or object.
With x and y being replaced by the coordinates you want your character to walk to.

Cassiebsg

Stupid question, but are you sure your character is on a walkable area?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AmazingTash

Thank you for all the answers!

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 12/02/2017 13:42:07
Stupid question, but are you sure your character is on a walkable area?

Yes i'm sure :-D

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 12/02/2017 13:36:33
I think he's wanting the character to walk when he left clicks on something.
Right! Have I explained so badly? :(

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 12/02/2017 13:36:33
Basically, add player.Walk(x, y, eBlock);

This works. But i am a little afraid... it means more work if we changed some backgrounds later and move objects etc around.
I was hoping to find a "global" solution :)

Buckethead

Oh sorry must of have missed that part!

What you could do is make your character walk like this:
Code: ags

cEgo.Walk(oObject.X,oObject.Y,eBlock);
cEgo.Walk(hHotspot.X,hHotspot.Y,eBlock);

That way it will still work if an object gets moved. Although in the case of the hotspot you have to set the location to walk to again.

AmazingTash

Quote from: Buckethead on Sun 12/02/2017 14:41:52
cEgo.Walk(oObject.X,oObject.Y,eBlock);

Nice compromise. Thank you very much to all!

Kumpel

I just wanna throw in that object.X and player.x are doing two different things. the object.X coordinate leads to the lower left corner of the sprite while the character.x coordinate is pointing to the centre of the sprite's width (usually a characters y-axis). So if you want to make the player go to the middle of your object's sprite, you may have to change the simple "object.X" to "object.X+(Game.SpriteWidth[object[ID].Graphic]/2)" which makes it a tad more complicated to implement and edit.

AmazingTash

Thanks Kumpel,

I noticed earlier and tried to solved this "problem" with something like
cEgo.x+100

your hint makes it easier and cleaner.

Danke!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk