Switch GUI mode halfway through project

Started by Nixxon, Mon 13/02/2017 04:05:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixxon

Hey Gang,

After searching extensively on this board to no avail, I ask a simple question. Is it 'at all' possible to switch out GUI style once entrenched in a project?

The VerbCoin template really isn't working for me and I'd prefer not to start again if possible.

I tried copying BASS scripts over from a blank template with out any luck. Looks like the global is too heavy modified by the template chosen at startup.

If too tricky I might just have to start again, thought I would ask the question first.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Mods, please delete post as I've found a way to work with the verb Coin. Alternatively leave open for others, for future reference.

Khris

Just for reference, any GUI controls (save for completely custom ones like the 9-verb GUI) will eventually call interaction functions of objects, hotspots and characters. Turning a verb coin interface into a two-click interface is possible at any point in general.
Ideally, one would only have to switch the GUIs and the templates' module scripts.

Replacing the entire global script will likely fail for multiple reasons, given that it handles much more than just GUI controls.

Nixxon

That's where I came unstuck Khris. I had to re write all of my GUI's.

Good to know it 'can' be done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk