Rap Battle Tech Demo - My First Hiphop Jam

Started by horusr, Tue 01/08/2017 23:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

horusr

Hey people!

I just completed and uploaded tech demo for a Rap Battle game idea.
(this demo is also my entry to My First Game Jam)
I used RON sprites and there is no music in demo.
And I had to write battles but I couldn't, so they are just replacement words, they are not fun.

Here the link for demo: https://horusr.itch.io/mfhj

Edit: As xBRANEx said, i wrote my ourpose in demo as dialog but forgot to write it here. Ok, here we go:

I wanted to make a game wgere you make your way with battling opponents, there is no story for now, but that is what i wanted to do. Something like Rapstar game series madi in ags, but not available in English.

The demo shows how battling mechanic works, there is two rounds, in first round your opponent punchs you with his words and then in your turn, you have 15 seconds(5 seconds for each punch) to select repunchable words from opponents punchs. There is 2 repunchable words per punch.

On second round, first turn is your so for thia tech demo, you need to select best punchs from dialog options, just like monkey island's combat.

For now, just select bwaks as repunchable words because I couldnt find anyone to write battle and i cant write battle in English.

Actually I am not satisfied with second round, i wanted to make player be able to select opponents body parts, but as I use assets i took from RON games, i wanted to skip that. I also think about making second round automatic, while you try to learn about your opponent before battle starts and punchs auto about thinks you learned. But, they are future plans.

xBRANEx

It's similar to Monkey Island fencing but I'm a little bit lost on how this game works. It's not that clear what makes this game exciting to play. I think it's interesting try but maybe you could elaborate more on your idea in a post here because it is pretty underdeveloped now.

horusr

Oh, you are right! Updated post about how demo works and my future plans about game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk