ACSETUP.CFG

Started by SilverSpook, Tue 22/08/2017 21:49:11

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

I'm trying to distribute my game and make sure that players have the game running with certain default settings, for example, windowed mode on.

I have AGS Build 3.4.0.15 and I see that the ACSETUP.CFG file that my game is using appears to be the one in USER/SAVEDGAMES/GAME/ folder, not the compiled folder.

I read in another thread that you can get around this by putting the correct ACSETUP.CFG file in your game compiled folder with the game .exe file.

Will the game actually use this ACSETUP.CFG file when downloaded? Because I tried deleting the ACSETUP.CFG file from my USER/SAVEDGAMES/GAME/ folder and then running my game, and it didn't seem to use the settings from the ACSETUP.CFG in the compiled folder.  It just created a brand new blank ACSETUP.CFG file in the USER/SAVEDGAMES/GAME/ folder.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 22/08/2017 21:49:11
Will the game actually use this ACSETUP.CFG file when downloaded? Because I tried deleting the ACSETUP.CFG file from my USER/SAVEDGAMES/GAME/ folder and then running my game, and it didn't seem to use the settings from the ACSETUP.CFG in the compiled folder.  It just created a brand new blank ACSETUP.CFG file in the USER/SAVEDGAMES/GAME/ folder.

Game reads default config from installation folder, then reads user folder and if there are any settings, they override the default values.
Winsetup and engine saves config to user folder.

Also, since 3.4.0 when you run game from Editor, config is read in Compiled/Windows folder, not just Compiled.

SilverSpook

Ah, ok, I think it worked this time.  I just had to make sure delete everything out of the SavedGames/ folder after running a winsetup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk