Noctropolis(1994) Thoughts

Started by Umbrella Terms, Thu 12/10/2017 00:35:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbrella Terms

I always like hearing people's thoughts on games I've recently finished, and this time it's Noctropolis(1994)! I played through the updated Night Dive Studios version, so as far as bugs or anything, it worked great. The game itself, it had an interesting idea, entering a comic book world to become a super hero, but it kind of squanders that. There is so much reliance on shock with the sex, violence, and stereotypes that it became silly for me. I had some laughs playing, so I guess it was mostly worth it. It just feels like it didn't get to cover all the ground it wanted to, as (without spoiling anything) it just kind of quickly wraps itself up. The difficulty was surprisingly easy since you just had to use items on the right screen and it would automatically use it on the right thing, making death mostly not a problem. Overall, it was cheesy, one that straddled humorously and eye rolling frequently.

What are your thoughts on the game? I made a video detailing my experience with the game:
(Note: The game does have scenes of explicit nudity, which I do block out, but for story content, I will put a NSFW warning for the video.)

Ponch

Wow. I hadn't thought of that game in ages. I remember playing it back in the day and liking the art style quite a bit. But other than a few annoying pixel hunts, I can't say I remember much about it. I'll have to watch your video and see if any memories are shaken loose. :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk