Music cuts off in Windows 10

Started by Radiant, Mon 16/10/2017 07:21:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

One of our players reports the following: "After about 10 minutes of play the game goes silent (no music, fx, voice). If I quit and restart the sound comes back, but again cuts out after a few minutes. Windows 10 Pro. Nothing running in the background except antivirus software."

This is running Heroine's Quest, so AGS 3.3. This sounds like an issue with the user's system, but perhaps it sounds familiar to somebody here? Any suggestions, other than the obvious one of updating your audio drivers?

m0ds

Switch to a different renderer in setup, there's several to choose from. i can imagine directsound renderer, for someone who perhaps doesn't have DX9, might cut out under some circumstances, so hardware renderer may be best for them. it's system dependent...you never know which one will work best for which players. but you know your sound in the game works...and it's not really like AGS to make sound kaput after 10 mins, so it's most likely this setting. my old PC, one of the renderers, AGS game audio came across jerky, static hiss like. but was fine when swapped to hardware renderer or one of the others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk