Compiled game DOESN´T WORK! At start of loading, it just hangs on a BLACK SCREEN

Started by Videojuegos_Fermin, Tue 17/10/2017 14:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Videojuegos_Fermin

Hi my Friends!
I launched a free to play game through Stea, few days ago.
Symploke: Legend of Gustavo Bueno

Sadly, there are people who says that it doesn't work in their computers. Here you are their comments. What do you think it's happening? Thank you very much!!!

1. "I have a i7 4790K and GTX 1060 . Installed this game as I love the point n click adventures mentioned in this games description. Sadly, I hear some foreign voice at start of loading, then it just hangs on a black screen and I have to kill tyhe process in Task Manager.
Normally I can find a workaround for problems loading games etc , but this i have no clue how to get working.
Would probably recommended this if I could play it." (Megabrobroproductions)

Crimson Wizard

First of all, let them run "winsetup.exe" and try other video settings:
1) Windowed mode instead of fullscreen
2) Switch between Direct Draw 5 and Direct 3D 9 graphics driver (or OpenGL, if game is made with AGS 3.4.1).

CrashPL

Apart from the hints from Crimson Wizard, if you have an AVI cutscene playing at the beginning of the game, it's not going to work in fullscreen, with the Direct3D renderer (it will result in a black screen, with just audio playing). Either convert the video to OGV, or change the graphic driver to DD5/OGL (3.4.1)
Plus I get the black screen issue you mentioned quite often, when running the game in a minimized window state (for example running the exe and clicking somewhere else on the screen minimizing the game window, before the first room fully loads) - it doesn't load anything, hard freezes on a black window, and can only be killed via the task manager. Running the game in a focused window works each and every time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk