Can't compile my game... AGS just builds and runs the old one!!!

Started by Videojuegos_Fermin, Tue 17/10/2017 18:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Videojuegos_Fermin

Hi my dear friends,

Well, I have a problem: once I finished first chapter of my game, I compiled it and I built the exe.
After that, I began the second chapter but USING THE SAME GAME, because I had my characters and several rooms for sure I wanted to use there. So I just kept my first chapter compilation into a pendrive and I started with second one just changing the name of the folder and erasing the old rooms and characters I didn't need yet. BUT...
I finished my work today and I suddenly decided compiling the new chapter -it's supposed, "over" the old one; However, when I try to execute the new exe... it runs the old game!! That's weird because I even have erased rooms which they exist in the "new exe". The only thing it has changed is voices. What do you think I have to do? Is there an easy, ready-made solution? Or I have to remake -and rebuild- the game in a new folder??
I wait for your answer, mates! Thank you very much!!

Khris

Provided you have a full backup of your first game's files, after renaming your new source folder, delete the _Debug and Compiled folders. Then rebuild the game (F7) and try again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk